Please Help ID, Ich, Velvet, or Brooke’s

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Symptoms have not resolved yet, are you saying I should go right into dose 4 tomorrow (48 hours after dose 3)? Go on to 5 and 6 as well until symptoms disappear?
yes , but what are you seeing (signs/symptoms) at this point with fish?
Any pics under white lighting you can provide?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Same as the original post on page 2, would more be helpful? Those are all under white light and natural sunlight.
If there is no change from Page 2 (I was asking if any change),, assure ammonia and ph are not elevated. I do not trust ammonia alert badges and a physical water test with a kit other than Api should confirm where your water quality is at.

OP
OP
A

amazingdude5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is no change from Page 2 (I was asking if any change),, assure ammonia and ph are not elevated. I do not trust ammonia alert badges and a physical water test with a kit other than Api should confirm where your water quality is at.
Correct, although I observed him for an hour or two today and noticed two things.
1. I know he’s a wrasse and I may be overthinking it but he had a lot of sudden / jerky movements. Like swimming along and then hard left or right. Still no scratching / flashing.
2. He seems to be breathing with his mouth open. He is keeping it open for a lot longer than I would expect.
This leads me to believe flukes are a possibility. Especially since it’s been 5 days since his first dose of kanaplex (3 doses total) and is showing very little signs of improvement. He has also had 4 doses of metro during this time.
He’s still swimming fine and eating like crazy, but the visual symptoms are unchanged.
I think tomorrow I am going to do a water change and dose Prazi at 80% of the recommended dose to ensure I don’t overdose since I’ve read wrasse are sensitive to that. Thoughts?

OP
OP
A

amazingdude5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, although I observed him for an hour or two today and noticed two things.
1. I know he’s a wrasse and I may be overthinking it but he had a lot of sudden / jerky movements. Like swimming along and then hard left or right. Still no scratching / flashing.
2. He seems to be breathing with his mouth open. He is keeping it open for a lot longer than I would expect.
This leads me to believe flukes are a possibility. Especially since it’s been 5 days since his first dose of kanaplex (3 doses total) and is showing very little signs of improvement. He has also had 4 doses of metro during this time.
He’s still swimming fine and eating like crazy, but the visual symptoms are unchanged.
I think tomorrow I am going to do a water change and dose Prazi at 80% of the recommended dose to ensure I don’t overdose since I’ve read wrasse are sensitive to that. Thoughts?
Water quality looks good, it’s a little cloudy in the QT but badge and test kit are saying 0 ammonia. Test kit 0 nitrite and ~15ppm nitrate. I have been using indirect natural sunlight to keep the day/night cycle as normal as possible.

OP
OP
A

amazingdude5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water quality looks good, it’s a little cloudy in the QT but badge and test kit are saying 0 ammonia. Test kit 0 nitrite and ~15ppm nitrate. I have been using indirect natural sunlight to keep the day/night cycle as normal as possible.
I’ve also notice the occasional twitch / cough.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Gill flukes are a possibility with the mouth open and the behavior you describe. You go to 85% of recommended. To recall Prazi treatment, dose at 85% of recommended and apply initial dosage known as an interval for 8 days, do a water change and do one more 8 day dose interval
Use airstone with prazi as it does reduce both oxygen and appetite

OP
OP
A

amazingdude5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi has been dosed at 85%. He is in a 10 gallon QT. I estimated 9 gallons and dosed about 1.9ml. He’s sleeping for the night now, hoping for a good morning.

n00bReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

This afternoon I lost my favorite, a black ice snowflake clown to an unknown disease. She was breathing very heavy, resting on the sand bed. Before death, she started swimming “possessed” and flying into rocks while doing flips, etc. I thought it was brooks as it looked like mucus coming off the skin as well. Now, my flasher wrasse has white “salt spots” covering it. This leads me to believe it is Ich. I gave the clown a freshwater bath but it did not save it. She also had white spots. Does my wrasse have Ich or brooklynella? I don’t want to lose another one. I added a diamond goby last week without QT (this was my QT lesson, dumb I know). If it is ich, is it worth it to start a QT tank ASAP and buy medicine? Please help. I am in analysis paralysis and have no idea what to do next. Please help save Clifford.
3F6D6DDD-0EEC-4DF2-8740-DEDB361F83F8.jpeg
E9724304-8B11-4CFD-828E-AAF0F73DFE1C.jpeg
4FAA2360-C049-4669-9EB4-F99E856779BD.jpeg
DF433801-1ACD-472F-A7B1-19AC5B43A289.jpeg
659EAC85-F7C4-4EE2-AFD9-75520ED3E08F.jpeg
675F435D-CE10-4A94-9A2F-D522359EA08B.jpeg
Kind of looks like Uronema to me.

OP
OP
A

amazingdude5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for bumping old post! I saw it under new post?
No worries. It was time for a bump anyways. I have now done two doses of prazipro and symptoms have not changed. The discoloration / dry skin may be spreading past the head now. I’m honestly out of ideas. Current plan is to put him back in the DT and hope he can ride out whatever this is. He will be the only fish in the DT.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back