PODs eating duncan VIDEO

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t figure out why my Duncan is receding so I put my camera on it for 9 minutes with flow on and off throughout. Tiny pods like creatures are running around at the base and I think those are what is irritating it. Does anyone know what these are?

Attachments

• IMG_2779.MOV
    49.2 MB

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a possum wrasse. Your problem will be solved. Prepare for a whole lot of people to say that amphipods could never eat a healthy coral...

OP
OP
C

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cropped the video to 1 second. Is there any other way to load a video? Photos aren’t clear enough to see them. So assuming Yang Yang is correct, is a wrasse the only way to get rid of them? I’ve been dealing with this happening to coral for the last 4 months and finally took a video and can see them.

OP
OP
C

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t figure out why my Duncan is receding so I put my camera on it for 9 minutes with flow on and off throughout. Tiny pods like creatures are running around at the base and I think those are what is irritating it. Does anyone know what these are?

OP
OP
C

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video to the Dropbox was cropped from 9 minutes. I recorded with the flow on and off but didn’t watch the 5 minutes long enough to see whether the flow was on at that time. My flow is fine, params are fine, and this is a 10 yr tank.

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You need more flow for the coral to remove waste and obtain oxygen. It is stressed. The isopods are just a natural part of your system and are not eating or stressing the coral.

OP
OP
C

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could they be anything other than pods. Like I said this is a mature tank and I’m not concerned about params, they are always spot on.

OP
OP
C

cpsrqfl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need more flow for the coral to remove waste and obtain oxygen. It is stressed. The isopods are just a natural part of your system and are not eating or stressing the coral.
See my post above. I turned the flow off for the video.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back