Pump for water mixing station

Picesduh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a jebao 10000 pump externally on my salt mixing station for about 8 months now with no problems. I only let the salt mix for a couple of hours then use all of it for a water change.

The left tank is my ato and it is gravity fed to a float switch in my sump.

20171107_172235.jpg

Are all of you just getting lucky with your inlet being the same height as the pump inlet ? I have a one inch height difference where the pump inlet is higher than the pvc exiting the container so I’m afraid the water will not empty down to the bottom fully. I mean it’s just an inch of water but still an inch.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which iwaki pump would you all recommend for mixing saltwater on a mixing station using the 65 gallon norwesco vertical drums?

RaymondNoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a jebao 10000 pump externally on my salt mixing station for about 8 months now with no problems. I only let the salt mix for a couple of hours then use all of it for a water change.

The left tank is my ato and it is gravity fed to a float switch in my sump.

20171107_172235.jpg

Very nice setup. Wondering how difficult it is to clean inside the containers (mainly the saltwater one) with the small opening at the top. Do you just rinse it with fresh/RODI water? No scrubbing necessary? I was debating between this style and another style with a larger opening, or maybe even a brute trash can for ease of cleaning.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back