Pyramid butterfly info

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on treating prophylacticly. They are prown to bacterial infections. Not so much the Hawaiian. Plus Hawaii supposed to be brighter

FWIW, I have found Nitrofuracin green powder to be an excellent prophylactic med for these fish. LIve aquaria has them pretty regularly; just register for an in stock notification.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was told recently can get them from Bali but we know the reputation Bali fish have.

Could you expand on this comment a bit? Are they supposed to be diseased, or thin, or malformed, or what?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indonesia has a bad reputation regarding the use of cyanide to collect marine ornamentals.

Ah, I see. When I started in this hobby it was the Phillipines that had that reputation.

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@tangtime and locito277
Next time your in lfs and see them could you please let me know. Tried contacting them but there website wasn’t working. Decided to call and got no answer. Please and thank you

tangtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just got off the phone they may have been busy when you called.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I would revisit this again. I’m still looking for 3. Prefer Hawaii but with everything going on find it highly unlikely. Was told recently can get them from Bali but we know the reputation Bali fish have. Any suggestions or help much appreciated

I got a Hawaiian yellow tang, two inches, just a couple weeks ago. They are still collecting.

Back