QT setup!!!!!! I need help :)

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could go buy a foam filter.run it with air pump or 1200 maxi jet or smaller power head. you could have your buddy at the fish store seed it for you. Or you could run it in DT and stir up a little of the sand bed and let the filter run till it clears up. this helps seed the filter. for your QT.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meredith,

I can't thank you enough!!!! I very limited for extra space and happen to have a Innovative Marine 10 gallon all in one tank I was hoping to use. Is there any chance I can use it for my QT? It is 12" wide 15" tall and 13" deep
Frequent 80% or greater (daily) water changes will help you make do with what you have. You'll need to do this for at least a month until it cycles. Add sponge or some sort of spongy media for beneficial bacteria to colonize. Make sure new water is the same temperature!

Good advice here!

OP
OP
Stew18

Stew18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have an update!!!!!!! I purchased a 30 gallon acrylic aquarium from craigslist. I have it in my garage. It has a big filter to move water and a heater that is keeping it at 78. I also bought some pVC for the bottom. The only thing I don't have is a light. Is this important if I keep the lights in the garage on during the day? I took 2 of the fish I had back to the store and they are going to QT them and sell them. They gave me credit. So the only 2 fish I have in my QT are my diamond goby and Betta. The diamond goby seems a bit sad due to the tank being bare bottom. I put a bowl of sand in the bottom for him but he hasn't showed interest yet

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An aquarium light is not required for QT, except for maybe getting a good enough look at the fish to evaluate it's condition and at feeding time. But I've actually found it's best to either leave the light off or have it subdued, so the fish can rest while it's immune system helps to fight off whatever disease is ailing it. I just use lamps in my QT room that are 6-8 feet away from the QT. I only turn on the aquarium light to evaluate the fish's condition, feed and take pictures.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 33 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back