Rainbow Chalices - Let's talk about them!

Alf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some of mine from before...
Sorry for the bad pic
zuby5y8u.jpg

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think that a lot of these are from the same coral colony? I have a CB Rainbow Crush and it looks like several of the other named rainbows. Not complaining at all as it is by far the nicest most colorful coral I have had in the last 8 years...

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Not noticeable differences between the different named rainbows. When all these frags become mature colonies my guess is they will look pretty much the same.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that there are higher grade rainbow chalices and lower grade ones. I think theres probably 5 or so originals from the wild 10 mother colonies that may have been distributed and 50 named ones and maybe they're couple of the same but they'er all sweet! This may or may not be a true statement its just my assumption.

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that there are higher grade rainbow chalices and lower grade ones. I think theres probably 5 or so originals from the wild 10 mother colonies that may have been distributed and 50 named ones and maybe they're couple of the same but they'er all sweet! This may or may not be a true statement its just my assumption.

It may be a fair assumption. There are some rainbows with less intense colors and thinner rim. Which ones would you qualify as higher grade?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if this one made the cut on here yet but its insane one of the top 3 rainbows out there because of its glow pics don't do this gem justice heres my piece called Jersey Devil

Attachments

• IMG_4208.jpg
    IMG_4208.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 762

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if this one made the cut on here yet but its insane one of the top 3 rainbows out there because of its glow pics don't do this gem justice heres my piece called Jersey Devil

Wonderful piece bro! Surf on the web for a picture of the original colony without any Luck. Do You have one?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be a fair assumption. There are some rainbows with less intense colors and thinner rim. Which ones would you qualify as higher grade?

For instance the Flash Bomb, Jelly Bean, Rainbow Crush, Flaming Bugatti etc. I have seen a couple that don't have that shine to them. I have one and its a true rainbow in design but when it come to the "pop" in color it just doesn't compare.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some are definitely brighter than others. The Jersey Devil is just a little brighter than the JF Sweet tooth and blows away everything else. Cant wait to get mine on tuesday. It makes everything else look like crap.

But.... If someone cut up 1 eye frags of the 10-15 different rainbows out there.. most likely they would not have a clue which is which, for the most part.

db1317

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still believe it all depends where on said colony you get your frag from.

Based on my one rainbow chalice, flaming bugatti, I agree with this. Mine is pretty much all red w/ a small blue stripe. Came in that way and hasn't really changed much.

Acanholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still believe it all depends where on said colony you get your frag from.
I agree with color distribution. It depends of the starting frag color. But with respect to color brightness I don't know. Maybe somebody who owns several of them can speak about that.
I see on the pictures that some of them are pinkish red while a few are bright blood red. Any opinions?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back