Red Sea 3XL 900

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some advice. I have a 180-gallon bow front, with a 75-gallon sump. I hate the bow front with the huge overflow in the middle of the tank. So planning to do like a reboot with a new tank with a 180-240 gallon tank. I did look up Redsea 3XL, do any of you have that? I am also thinking of talking with my LFS and see what my options are. If I end up getting a new tank I will go with a bare bottom, at least that is what I am thinking for now. Would any of the custom manufacturers be a better option?

Thank you,
Vamsi

bpro32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t wanna be a guinea pig for the new Red Sea 900xxl. They have a lot of issues recently with the 750XXL blowing out. I opted to go with cda instead.

I feel like they've fixed their mistake and those issues won't happen with the new line. That being said, I also went with Crystal Dynamic because it only cost a little more for a bigger tank and imo a much nicer stand.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for that price point you do have a lot of options.
waterbox
planet aquariums - check out there crystal line for rimless there martix for bigger rimed
pro clear - cheaper rimless tanks pretty new to the market tho but great price point
SCA -they can do custom too.

not saying that red sea 3XL would be bad ,I would hesitate and ask for a better price from RS to prove that there is no issues with them. just my humble option.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shop around more. I would not own another Red Sea even if it was given to me.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the valuable insights.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for that price point you do have a lot of options.
waterbox
planet aquariums - check out there crystal line for rimless there martix for bigger rimed
pro clear - cheaper rimless tanks pretty new to the market tho but great price point
SCA -they can do custom too.

not saying that red sea 3XL would be bad ,I would hesitate and ask for a better price from RS to prove that there is no issues with them. just my humble option.
Thank you for the options.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our local LFS was one of the first to get the XL900 and have had it set up for 2 months now. I looked at it and it's really nicely engineered. They've put extra braces in so won't have to worry about the bowing of the top causing failures in front panel.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our local LFS was one of the first to get the XL900 and have had it set up for 2 months now. I looked at it and it's really nicely engineered. They've put extra braces in so won't have to worry about the bowing of the top causing failures in front panel.
I would love to see one in person ...maybe if I ever leave the mountains.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya more options, but..... they do make good tanks! I'm a bit biased, I have the E-260 with sump upgrade and absolutely love it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%

Back