Red Sea Pro Alk test kit. Does this thing suck?

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test kit works fine and I get expected results. Too much concern about the color matching a printed card (where lighting and other things come into play). All that matters is a color change and I usually go +1 drop and I have a constant color. I guess I would describe my color change as peach in the light of this room. Now the thing I'll agree is odd is that when I have a +1 constant color it will change back fairly quickly.

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree this is a awesome alk test kit just don't get hung up on color and focus more on the color dhoft

knukles55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I kept from those kits is the glass vials and the titrant mixer and I've been using it ever since on my salifert tests works like a charm

atlfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like something changed along the way to make the color change less pronounced. I liked my first test kit but I kept sending the refill reagents back thinking it was a batch issue. Finally realized it wasn't going to get better. Salifert is what I'd recommend, you get s clear color change.

RobMay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proven to be one of the best ALK test kit available.

BS. We're not buying crazy here. Take that garbage (and the garbage Alk test) with you out the door. The Red Sea Alk test objectively sucks. You need to try some other companies, fanboy.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back