Reefmat 1200 (6.5 in) replacement fleece roll hack?

tlm0889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a cost savings hack for a Reefmat 1200? They are $34.00 a roll and I feel like there is a less expensive alternative - another brand? Buying bulk fleece?

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preconfilters on eBay. You’ll need a 2” to 1.5” reducer though. Comes to $20 a roll if you buy 5. Been happy so far in my 3rd roll with them

Upvote 0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preconfilters on eBay. You’ll need a 2” to 1.5” reducer though. Comes to $20 a roll if you buy 5. Been happy so far in my 3rd roll with them
You do better to contact Steve directly, instead of buying from eBay. Better pricing and from what I hear he's cutting material in the reefmat sizes now.

Contact through the email link, he's pretty responsive and wants to help. Been buying from him for years now.

Upvote 0

bp908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this from AliExpress?
Yes, used them a couple months ago. Shipping was about 10 days from China. The rolls appear to be legitimate RedSea and not imitation. I just placed another order. With the sale they’re running right now I was able to order 4 rollls at a little less than $20 per roll, shipping included.

Upvote 0

IceRain29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just get a bunch of them for China for my reefmat 1200 and reefmat 250, I ordered the fine grade which is suppose to be 100 micron, I will update with you guys when I got my package. They also sell a coarse grade which the owner told me is slighty finer than the red sea one.

Upvote 0

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just get a bunch of them for China for my reefmat 1200 and reefmat 250, I ordered the fine grade which is suppose to be 100 micron, I will update with you guys when I got my package. They also sell a coarse grade which the owner told me is slighty finer than the red sea one.
I am interested to know if you see a difference between the 200 mircon and 100 micron. Please let us know the results when tested. thanks.

Upvote 0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you find out about the 100 micron rolls?

Upvote 0

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you find out about the 100 micron rolls?
I ordered the 50 micron rolls from precision converting for my trigger systems platinum 39 sump. They are 10" wide rolls. They work very well. He ships quick and is more than half the price of the trigger rolls plus almost double the size of the roll.

Upvote 0

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If looking at it backwards do they stock a roll that fits well into any of the machines. I could care less about Wi-Fi , more about a direct super easy replacement. For a 300 gallon reef, which machine to get ?

Upvote 0

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I need to try these alternative sources for RedSea 1200 Fleece Rolls. Can someone help me understand
You do better to contact Steve directly, instead of buying from eBay. Better pricing and from what I hear he's cutting material in the reefmat sizes now.

Contact through the email link, he's pretty responsive and wants to help. Been buying from him for years now.

what I should be looking at or asking on the preconfilter website?

Upvote 0

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve reached out to Precision Converting LLC. And Steve was wonderful with providing a detailed email with all the information I need to understand the differences and similarities between his fleece material and the RedSea OEM.

I’m looking to obtain the adaptor now.

If this works out then this is a potentially huge cost savings resource.

I’ll let this thread know how it goes.

Upvote 0

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got my order in. Steven from Precision Converting LLC is wonderful. He's full of information. He presented his choice for the best match to the RedSea ReefMat.

Ultimately he is charging me $10 per roll of Precon2, 6.7" x 50 yds. 2" ID 50 micron nominal media -- which is closest to the RedSea material. He has a two roll minimum so I went with 8 for now and should get them next week. Shipping to my location came out to $17. So each roll with shipping is costing me $12.22. That’s 10 more feet at a 1/3 the cost

Note that there is an adapter required to go from the Precon 2" ID tube to the 1.5" required to fit the RedSea ReefMat 1200. Luckily Steven has a contact that makes these and I connected with this person and got the adapter ordered for $20 including shipping.

I'll note how it goes.

Upvote 0

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I assume if one was to order from precision…do you need this reducer or will the roll fit onto redsea directly?

Upvote 0

JonoH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, used them a couple months ago. Shipping was about 10 days from China. The rolls appear to be legitimate RedSea and not imitation. I just placed another order. With the sale they’re running right now I was able to order 4 rollls at a little less than $20 per roll, shipping included.
Same here, i bought 3 rolls from them and they look and are packaged as genuine... seem to work the same.

Upvote 0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back