Reefmat 1200 (6.5 in) replacement fleece roll hack?

tlm0889

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a cost savings hack for a Reefmat 1200? They are $34.00 a roll and I feel like there is a less expensive alternative - another brand? Buying bulk fleece?

karsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using preconfilter rolls on my 500 for a few months now. 3D printed my own adapters and everything has been working great through the first couple rolls and much less the cost of redseas rolls.

Upvote 0

Vai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what you figured out here! Can you pass me info for Steven, David, Mr Mack? Just want to make sure i get the exact rolls and adapter for my 1200!

Following along for updated youtube videos!

Upvote 0

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread!
The issue I have with my ReefMat 500 is that it works too well. I only run it a few hours a day (controlled by my Apex) to keep the water "polished". If I run it longer, my PO4 and NO3 drop to almost 0. How has the smaller micron fleece worked for you guys? I was actually wanting something coarser than the Red Sea, which I believe is 200 microns.

Upvote 0

Eddie Bee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got my order in. Steven from Precision Converting LLC is wonderful. He's full of information. He presented his choice for the best match to the RedSea ReefMat.

Ultimately he is charging me $10 per roll of Precon2, 6.7" x 50 yds. 2" ID 50 micron nominal media -- which is closest to the RedSea material. He has a two roll minimum so I went with 8 for now and should get them next week. Shipping to my location came out to $17. So each roll with shipping is costing me $12.22. That’s 10 more feet at a 1/3 the cost

Note that there is an adapter required to go from the Precon 2" ID tube to the 1.5" required to fit the RedSea ReefMat 1200. Luckily Steven has a contact that makes these and I connected with this person and got the adapter ordered for $20 including shipping.

I'll note how it goes.

Upvote 0

implusebuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using preconfilter rolls on my 500 for a few months now. 3D printed my own adapters and everything has been working great through the first couple rolls and much less the cost of redseas rolls.
Hi karsa, Are the STLs for the adapters posted somewhere I can download?

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back