Reefrocks.net

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a new tank you might not have to worry about it as much as with an established system but you should still wash it up really good. Eventually over time, it is my understanding it will cure on its own. Dont use any harsh chemicals or soaps to clean it. If that stuff gets in the tank it could be bad

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i ordered 20lb of rocks from reefrocks.net when I setup my tank. I use to only use BRS reef saver and I had some left but I lost the rest of it so i had to order more to replace it. I really liked the BRS reef saver alot looked very good very porous. I got my rocks from reefrocks.net in less then a week. They look nice but they are not as porous looking as the reef saver rock. they seem a bit more dense. I wish i woulda ordered the reef saver again just cause I like the look better but they are still nice looking rock. only reason I didnt get the BRS cause it seems since last time I had a tank little over a year ago the shipping prices have gone stupid at BRS. I rememeber ordering 20lb of reef saver before and it costing like $7-$8 to ship. It was doubled that this time I was going to order.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just oredered 100lbs from reefrocks on saturday. We'll see what comes of it.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing when I ordered. And im almost certain I am not going to be home when he delivers (Cause that's how it always unfolds) and wife is :preggers: so he is going to have to bring it all the way in. But im pretty sure they are just going to leave a tag and not even bother ringing the bell. :frusty:

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 40 lbs or rock and 40 lbs of sand saturday also. Says it will be wednesday. Curious as to the sand color in person, the deal was just too good to pass up.

OP
OP
S

Supramike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 40 lbs or rock and 40 lbs of sand saturday also. Says it will be wednesday. Curious as to the sand color in person, the deal was just too good to pass up.
Can you post a pic of the sand when you get it please I want to see te color too. I need sand and was thinking of getting a 100+ lbs of it but the color is the deciding factor for me. The pics online look brown to me.

Javor91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will wait to see your picture! I will post upon delivery also though (supposed to be tomorrow, fingers crossed). Website's picture appears brown to me, secretly hoping it's lighter lol :bounce:

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see that we'll be getting pictures soon. I'm impatiently waiting on ours to arrive to check the color out!

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little cyano atm but here it is. It's nice and white mostly sand but has a little bit of cc in it. Very very small amount, I'm pretty sure it says that in description though. The pic has a lot but I just moved my powerhead so it's moving some sand

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1398788327.588138.jpg

My leftover sand

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1398788413.656786.jpg

Pixburgh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did see that it mentioned that. "The sand is Bahamian araganite sand, sugar grain and larger grains with shells and shell fragments. We clean it and wash out all the ultra-fine sand so you won't have a sand storm in your tank with sand drifting around in the current." <- direct quote from site.

I had planned on straining the sand to separate the shells, some of which i'll add back for cosmetic purposes (more natural look IMO) and some i'll toss.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks decent enough. I may buy some. Have you experienced any sand storms? flying debris or anything? Is their sand considered Medium grade? I'm more interested in the heavier stuff. Medium grade at the least.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back