RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MSB123

U might score a few reefsquad points with ur i.d. here..

Care to debate your side of things before a decision is made..

I'm hoping @KJ stops by soon and we can here his testimony as well

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

phyllodocidae

Attachments

• 20190604_115655.jpg
    20190604_115655.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 283

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not want to step on toes. But the phyllo clearly has 2 eyes in all the pictures I saw...

Unless I am mistaken, zoom in on the head area... this photo was taken from my video...

Screenshot_20190604-114417_Video Player.jpg

It clearly has 4 eyes or red Marks. I cannot find a photo of a Phyllo with the same markings or 4 eyes
Videos can be deceiving at times with how fast the worms move. That's why I like photos and close ups of the head and back end area.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will announce winners once I have been educated by KJ.

I would prefer a credible source to make the decision on this one. Considering the equivalent street cost of this giveaway is hundreds of dollars, I'd like the I.d. to come from a pro.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would prefer a credible source to make the decision on this one. Considering the equivalent street cost of this giveaway is hundreds of dollars, I'd like the I.d. to come from a pro.
Trust me, there are a lot of "pros" on here. Good luck to the winners, we were here for fun but a lot of credible guesses were made in my opinion.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Makes sense.
@MSB123

U might score a few reefsquad points with ur i.d. here..

Care to debate your side of things before a decision is made..

I'm hoping @KJ stops by soon and we can here his testimony as well
I think that, based off the eyespots and the "legs", that it is a Phyllodocidae. I would love to get a close up head shot.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm far from a pro that's true. Just a stay at home mom of two, taking time out of my day to help people ID the "hard to ID" stuff. I'm not always right but that doesn't mean I'm not credible.

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm far from a pro that's true. Just a stay at home mom of two, taking time out of my day to help people ID the "hard to ID" stuff. I'm not always right but that doesn't mean I'm not credible.
Same here- besides the mom part ;)
Just trying to help out!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please dont take my commentary incorrectly. Just want to get a sort of majority agreement. Theres a reason I came here to i.d. it, I dont have a clue. Ha

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I may I suggest a random draw of all who took a stab at an id. Your thanking the crew for being thier and trying to help answering the call of a fellow reefer at all hours giving of thier time not for nailing it down on a first try. Awesome fun thing youve done here for the R2R team. Kudos to you and all involved

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I may I suggest a random draw of all who took a stab at an id. Your thanking the crew for being thier and trying to help answering the call of a fellow reefer at all hours giving of thier time not for nailing it down on a first try. Awesome fun thing youve done here for the R2R team. Kudos to you and all involved
Thanks for the kind words ray. Just waiting on some more testimony and agreement among the UNBIAS reefsquad on this before I declare winners ;)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the compliment but I am definitely not a pro! I just spend a lot of time doing research on the issues that I come across personally. There is so much more that I don`t even have a clue on,you give me way to much credit.I make mistakes all the time so that means I have to do more research. Please don`t make assume that everything I tell you is correct, I sometimes make lucky guesses.There are lots more people who are much more knowledgeable then I am making ID`s on hitch hikers on this forum. I am sorry but please , I can`t make this decision for you , what if I was wrong and someone else was right? Good Luck! Thank you again, you make me feel great that you have that much confidence in me!
KJ

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALRIGHT, THE TIME HAS (FINALLY) COME TO ANNOUNCE THE ID ON THE MYSTERY WORM!

WE ARE SETTLING ON THE PHYLLO.

It has been my honor and pleasure to present this giveaway to the ones who help keep reefs thriving and salt water hobbyist around the GLOBE encouraged, helped, and saved from quitting and walking away from this wonderful passion we call reefing every day.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING AND PLEASE JOIN ME IN CONGRATULATING OUR WINNERS!

@Lovemyreef2015 nice hit as the first to guess this. Congrats!

@Dsnakes congrats on copying @Lovemyreef2015 ;) :p
@reef lover your choice was Syllidae. Which I have learned through my research to find the correct i.d. on this is part of the Phyllo family. Congratulations!

To the contestants that didnt win, thank you so much for helping make this giveaway fun and diverse! It was not an easy choice to make. And I'm still not 100% sure I am right. But I had to make a choice.

To the winners, go the Spoils. 1 head of dendrophyllia shipped to your door. It wont be for several week as I need to wait for babies to mature to ensure healthy frags in the future.

Please PM me for shipping info at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again everyone! And remember why we are all here...

#r2r4life
#r2rforlife

Until next time, Stay Salty my friends!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 123 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back