RO/unite Question.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have never used a Ro unite since i started this hobby a few years ago, i got my water tested and it was rather good ( no clor, or metals) but now that i am in the mits of this new tank i would like to start using one. But my thing is i can not plumb it into a sink or pipes is there one that i can put on a house out side or anything? I have all fance faucet's in my house, and id rather just not mess with my plumbing. Is there anything else i can do or use?

zona322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can get the hose adapter for it and use it out side but i would not leave it out there. or your other option is to get a 2 way hose pipe fitting for you washing machine and pot it there. but good luck
craig

xmjxflipx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yea garden hose adaptor.....then every time your not using it just keep it inside somewhere.....the closet...or w/e and bring it out every time ur gonna use it.......i forgot the deal if your not going to use the RO system for a month....you have to flush out the RO membrane or something??? i dont know i dont use it...i just steal the RO from our drinking system hahahah

zona322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to flush about 50 gall of good water be for using the water but if you put it out for a day and the next use the water you are good to go.

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can i buy the garden house adapter?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey if your looking for an RO unit I have a brand new for sale $150 shipped!

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it come with the hose adapter? how long is the one pad in a ro unite good for? and how many gpd is it?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is the info on it and yes it does come with the adapter. I will also go pick up the dual adapter so you can plug your washer and ro unit into the same faucet. That is how I have mine set up. I will snap some pics for you as well.

This has never been used and cost $234+shipping new from Marine Depot. I will take $150 shipped. :D

YSC7211_99.jpg

Reverse osmosis, also known as hyper-filtration, is the finest filtration known. This process will allow the removal of particles as small as ions from a solution. Reverse osmosis is used to purify water and remove salts and other impurities in order to improve the color, taste or properties of the fluid. It can be used to purify fluids such as ethanol and glycol, which will pass through the reverse osmosis membrane, while rejecting other ions and contaminants from passing. Reverse osmosis uses a membrane that is semi-permeable, allowing the fluid that is being purified to pass through it, while rejecting the contaminants that remain. Reverse osmosis is capable of rejecting bacteria, salts, sugars, proteins, particles, dyes, and other constituents that have a molecular weight of greater than 150-250 daltons. The separation of ions with reverse osmosis is aided by charged particles. This means that dissolved ions that carry a charge, such as salts, are more likely to be rejected by the membrane than those that are not charged, such as organics. The larger the charge and the larger the particle, the more likely it will be "rejected."

Rejection is the term used to describe what a reverse osmosis filter removes from the source water. Pinnacle+ reverse osmosis filters allow for an overall rejection of 99% of all impurities of source water. The following shows some of the impurities removed and the levels at which they are removed:
ROChart

* The Pinnacle Series offers 35gpd (140L), 50gpd (200L) and 450pgd (1700L)
* Includes automatic shut-off valve for easy addition of top off or drinking water systems (standard on Pinnacle RO units; competitors offer this at additional cost)
* External flow restrictor for easy accessory add-ons
* One carbon prefilter to ensure long membrane life
* One 1 micron sediment filter
* Standard Seachem membrane removes 99% of all impurities including silicates
* Highest quality components available
* High impact poly quickfit fittings (John Guest)
* Pressure gauge (standard on Pinnacle RO units)
* Modular design for easy accessory add-ons
* Plastic mounting bracket prevents unsightly rusting
* Limited one year warranty

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any RO or RO/DI can be used portable. You can get a hose thread adapter and use it outside temporarily, hook it to the cold wate rsupply for the washing machine using the adapter and a wye fitting like to run two garden hoses off of one spigot, or even get a kitchen sink adapter that screws on the faucet and makes it removable so it can be put away.

Any time you use one portable you need to pay attention to things like temperature extremes and direct sunlight, both can have a detrimental effect on the unit and on water quality.

Good RO units start at just over $100 depending on accessories like pressure gauges and TDS meters and reef quality RO/DI units start at about $169 including pressure gauges, bypass valves, full size vertical 20 oz DI filters and TDS meters. Again any of them can be portable.

revhtree's price is very competitive for a new RO unit which is comparable to this one here:
Premium Series RO System :: Premium Series :: RO Systems :: Buckeye Field Supply, Ltd.

His includes an autoshutoff valve and hose bib adapter and has free shipping. Theirs includes a better carbon filter a 75 GPD membrane a hand held TDS meter, a thermometer and a flush valve and you pay shipping. They probably come out about equal in the end but revhtree is a fellow reefer!

RO membranes themselves last about 3+ years if taken care of and you do the required prefilter and carbon block replacements every 6 months and disinfect the system at that time. I would add an add on DI if it were me since RO by itself is 90-98% efficient so leaves some things which the DI does a final polishing on for 0 TDS water. If you buy his you will also need a TDS meter to tell you when the membrane or DI need replacing, maybe $19 at many places.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the help you cleared up just about everything, about how much is a di and where can i get them

OP
OP
m and m

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the help you cleared up just about everything, about how much is a di and where can i get them

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok $125 shipped..lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back