OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss my eel and I'm not even home to look at the tank.
ce683a17c96e411db2b9cf2489dcc0d2.jpg

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was a beautiful little eel - those GDM are adorably unexpected.

~Bruce
I think its the blue eyes and their small size that makes them so adorable. My fiancee said she cried over him.

I'll get another eel in a few months. I'm between another GDM or a Gymnothorax miliaris. The fiancee says "that one isn't cute like Ryu was." If I get the miliaris I'll have to epoxy my rock work. It's currently just stacked because Ryu wad no where big enough to move 10lb rocks.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are still doing great, hungry little things... my skimmer is still going nuts from the melafix. I've got some carbon and GFO in a media bag in the sump to try and remove some of that stuff. Might just have to do really big water changes u ntil I can get the skimmer to act right. I even raised it 4" from where it normally runs and it'll fill up in about 2 minutes.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just a quick update. Everything was still good last night. All the fish have learned where I put food and nobody seems to be stressed out at all. The six line who was acting lethargic and not coming out to feed when first put in copper is now the first one to grab the pellet food. Copper was right on 2.0ppm and ammonia is still 0. 8 days down 22 to go. Still have 5 weeks of fallow on the DT.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news guys... 30 days complete, all remaining fish healthy. 1 Atlantic blue tang, 2 black ocelaris clowns, 1 six line wrasse. Thanks for all of your help, I don't think I would have had 5/6 survival rate(eel lost to carpet surfing not velvet, so technically 4/6 but that was my fault) without y'all. 2 more weeks on the DT before I can add my fish back in.

One positive from this, I now have the equipment to properly QT and treat fish with copper for 30 days BEFORE adding them to the DT... still need to get my hands on that CP for my next eel. I just need to make a trip to the vet, or talk to one of my doctor friends.

Back