OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope that went well, will post pics tomorrow after I have turned lights back on. My turbo has also really cleaned up the tank nicely! I also decided to rearrange my rocks a little, give a little more room in front for corals/possibly a small anemone and allots for extra places to hide for the fish.

OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my specific gravity is high (1.028) like I assumed it would be, will be adding RO water (conditioned) until it goes down. My tank looks amazing, seems healthier with the WC. My pH is also low so I think I will continue to add pH buffer until it normalizes as it says on the bottle. Thanks for all your help guys! [emoji225]

Image1487512924.204928.jpg

OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note: I guess I don't know if my water is RO or RODI, my LFS guy does it and I buy a gallon at a time to stabilize my specific gravity. He recommends adding conditioner.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he recommends conditioner, then I wouldn't recommend getting there haha. Find someone who will sell you RODI water, in sure there will be a local person to help you. Keep your salinity at 1.025/1.026. Lookin good, glad we could help!!

Just extra info, I don't like to use buffers and dosing I like the natural way. My PH has always been at 7.8, picked up a mini fan and installed near my sump to provide more air flow around the sump. That worked and is keeping between 8.1 and 8.2. I have also started turning my light for my sump on during the night while the main display is off. Different times of the day will give you different PH readings, always test at the same time as previous.
Just my .02 fella

OP
OP
kasik64

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he recommends conditioner, then I wouldn't recommend getting there haha. Find someone who will sell you RODI water, in sure there will be a local person to help you. Keep your salinity at 1.025/1.026. Lookin good, glad we could help!!

Just extra info, I don't like to use buffers and dosing I like the natural way. My PH has always been at 7.8, picked up a mini fan and installed near my sump to provide more air flow around the sump. That worked and is keeping between 8.1 and 8.2. I have also started turning my light for my sump on during the night while the main display is off. Different times of the day will give you different PH readings, always test at the same time as previous.
Just my .02 fella

Thought I replied to this earlier, guess not! But what kind of mini fan? Could you maybe link one for me?

I could just use distilled water I assume...From the grocery store. But I will ask my LFS guy just to be sure. He's been in this business forever so I assume his water is safe since he uses it and trusts it.

I did start a new post about corals, that's my next goal. Didn't want to add it on this.

Thanks again guys!! [emoji225]

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1487557669.572376.jpg

I don't have a link, I found this in my warehouse and was like ooooo, ph needs to be raised lol. Just go to a hardware store and they should have one.
I have never used distilled water from the store. So I can't say anything about that.

taintstick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, I have mine next to the sump facing up to provide better air circulation. I don't point straight at water just cause I don't want anything to be forced into water.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back