Salt Water Aquarium Equipment

MitchK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are new to the salt water live coral and fish aquarium world, but have had small freshwater tanks all our lives. We are looking at the Waterbox MarineX 110.4 (Let me know your thoughts on this tank). I’m starting to look into the whole sump system situation and all of the other parts that go with it. My question is what’s brands are good reliable brands and which items are best? I know that tank comes “ready to go”, but we want to swap some of the pieces for better. Price is more than likely not an issue. I know I would like to switch out the sock filter system for a roller system, but by the sounds of it, most roller systems won’t fit in the filtration section of the sump that comes with that tank? Give me your best option on each piece. Also looking into the Neptune A3 Apex Pro System. Thoughts?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a "turn-key" system, get the Red Sea Reefer-S 550 G2+. If you get the ReefMat 500 and the Red Sea pump, DC skimmer and controller (not sure which size pump and skimmer offhand) you'll have all the main internals that you need - including ATO which the G2+ models now come with.

You can augment flow with a pair of ReefWave25 or 45 gyres for the tank.

The Neptune A3 Pro is also a great choice for controlling everything and monitoring basic parameters.

Aquaddictorbj4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For ATO and auto water change, I recommend AUTOAQUA.
Using AWC for over 2 years and still performs perfect.
For ATO, they have numerous kind, you can search for it and select the most suitable one.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back