OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Released the fowleri tonight during feeding. Everyone is calm but Ole scarface. He's showing his size and bowing up.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to wait it out a few days... LOL

That's good that nothing but Scarface is flexing. I'm sure there will be a little pecking, tail whipping but that is normal in the Tang world. Gotta get that hierarchy established.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to wait it out a few days... LOL

That's good that nothing but Scarface is flexing. I'm sure there will be a little pecking, tail whipping but that is normal in the Tang world. Gotta get that hierarchy established.
Thanks Ryan. Over the years I've had plenty of tangs so I was expecting it. As of last night, everyone was happy go lucky.

On another note, I contacted Rick @ reef radiance in regards to a malfunctioning light of mine. Rick himself called me 30ish minutes later and we discussed my light issue. Rick went outta his way to keep this customer super happy by sending me a replacement part for nothing. Can't ask for better quality service than that!!!

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuge looks like it's growing good, bugs all over the back wall and caulerpa taking over

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I haven't seen him. I found him the last 2 days, but he's in the same spot. It's scary cause I've been afraid he might have passed. Do they usually return to the same area to sleep?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I haven't seen him. I found him the last 2 days, but he's in the same spot. It's scary cause I've been afraid he might have passed. Do they usually return to the same area to sleep?

Not mine, he moves in a slow steady pace and to find him you just gotta look for the cleanest spot on the rocks.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home and looked again. He's half way around the tank so still kicking. I can't really say if he's making a dent yet because he's working the acrylic walls that I scraped already, lol.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API nitrate test was just done. Nitrates are showing between zero and 5 (yellow,lol). So.... do keep dosing my vinegar at it current rate (40mL) or do I cut back to 20mL? I have been dosing @ 40mL for 2 weeks now because I've forgot to up it.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I mentioned this prior but it's becoming a circus in my reef. My black tang swims upside-down and sometimes eats that way. Crazy. Anyway, his best companion is my regal angel. Now he's doing it! He flips upside-down in front of a Wp40 and let's it jet him upside-down across the reef. Swimming back to the wp40 is 100% normal, feeding is normal. I just simply think these 2 are have too much fun or getting a new perspective of their world. We'll see if my other w tangs start this,lol.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's hilarious. You need to get a video of it.

My Hippo Tang used to swim upside down all the time and splash water out of the tank with it's fins while being upside down to get attention. I'd feed it and it would stop. LOL

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guys do it just cause. If I stroll up to the tank they hoard whatever area I'm closest too

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to wanted to thank Christian aka #Electrobes for his help tonight. He came over and we discussed my reefs current status and he used his test for numbers. Numbers are as follows:

NO3 at 10
P04 at 05
Alk at 7.45
Cal at 380
Mag at 1020.... yep, most likely my issue with the corals. Shopping now for supplements.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest BRS magnesium. Affordable and easy to use/mix.

From what I've read the ALK and CAL won't balance properly until MAG is around/above 1260. Prepare for you ALK and CAL to drop when you raise the MAG.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back