Saltgator's 240 Build

Lbfnp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow just read this whole thread. What a journey you have had. Glad to se that everything is starting to turn around for you. sorry about the SPS STNing. Mine do the same thing. Not all but but enough that it is frustrating.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. One day it'll be a show stopper but regardless I'll document the ups and downs.

Lbfnp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I have no doubt that your tank will be a show stopper. I think all of us that have big tanks have been in your shoes and I know I have some of the same problems. I will definitly be following along and best of luck.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy that. Just like looking at everyone's systems, mainly the life within it

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not sure how to take this, this is now bothering me on what is going on, peeling from the middle. This ain't stn/rtn I'm use to, so pest or picker or... what? ?
Fwi, I only own tangs, 2 clowns and 1 angel (which I've never seen pick at sps unless they had junk growing on them). Plus this frag is almost my the front panel with very little room for pickers.

uploadfromtaptalk1431654022084.jpg

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acros do this often and it's usually an imbalance in ALK/CAL/MAG. I think mine is mainly due to the ALK being too high. But I also think it has to do with unstable params...

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just the thing, all the stning looks to have slowed or stopped and now this. I haven't even put my hands in the tank in 2 weeks! Lol. Gsp and xenia can take over,lol!!! Just kidding

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get so frustrated with acros as well. Hang in there. All of my acros are fine that I got at the same time. But one of the bunch isn't happy and is doing the same thing. It was perfectly happy on the frag rack for 2 weeks. Mount it to the rock, bleached! Frustrating.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there bud. I'm dropping cash tonight on frags, nice ones and this is got me worried. I can't back out so I'm hoping. Just pulled that frag out and started revive. I'll post pics here and the thread I started.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Brett, lol. Looks like a nudi but I don't know. If sps start growing, I'll drop cash on a camera.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back home and checked the frag. Lost some skin and vary pale. Hopefully it rebounds. Started making h2o with reef crystals, so 25g change tomorrow. If the sticks I bought from a local don't make it and I lose the remaining sps, how's 8 feet of frogspawn and hammer sound? Lol, maybe some blue ridge and xenia in the mix

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guess I need to recalibrate or at least test my dosing of alk. Tested using hanna and it was...... 202!!! Double checked. Might have to get a back up test cause my hanna alk liquid is expired. Regardless, too high of alk again. Dosing has since halted so it can fall. I need to order a couple big clams to help suck up my 2 part mistakes!
Here's little mama!
uploadfromtaptalk1431820084486.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my problem as well except mine wasnt expired. I got a Salifert kit to confirm now cause I dont trust it.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same Brett. The main reason I went with hanna was cause I'm color blind. Guess my wife and daughter will tell me the color,lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back