OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice! Love the moulding! Now you've got me going back to the drawing board, lol.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 T5s and AI LEDs, 2- 4" fans (one at each end) and a 12x16 raised vent top center of the canopy. The fans blow in to cool the bulbs and the heat goes out the vent.
uploadfromtaptalk1430851334634.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1430851389859.jpg

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. Nicely done! What's the back panel? I was considering an open back but no security fence for jumpers

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks :D This is a Peninsula canopy so there's doors on both sides. what you see is the inside of the other doors. I have them covered with aluminum foil for reflecting more light. one day when I get around to it I'm going to get some highly polished aluminum and put it on the doors.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. Years ago I seen a suspended mh canopy with foil throughout for reflection. I even considered doing this, even though my leds have optics.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well out of the 2 unknown sps frags, 1 is stning. The smooth skin acro seems fine. I have no idea why stn is still affecting my sps. Carbon dosing has been stopped for multiple weeks now and I haven't changed anything. Oh well, keep on trucking right?!! Lol. Hopefully since the acros I have coming next week are local, home grown and not fresh cuts, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be more tolerant to my system. Lps (blue ridge coral) is growing like mad on my overflow so lps is super happy. Xenia and aiptasia are happily popping up everywhere too, but they can just about survive anything.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying revive for the 1st time on my frags. Maybe this will help the stn. Anyone reading use revive? 1 cap full per 1/4 gallon right?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to hear how the revive does also. I have the same stn issue as you do with acros other than smooth skinned ones. Tenius and torts do great but the rest don't other than piccilopora and monti's

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll update in a few days on their conditions (better or worse). I lost all my poci or I'd be able to judge it too. I have a fingernail size frag of orange cap that is hanging on so we'll see.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well before work I looked at 1 of the stning acros (the new one) and it looks like revive didn't help. Guess it was a stressed sick regardless what I did. The stning bonsai frag (frag from my colony I lost) that has been stning appeared ok from what I could see with the fan light. I'll get a better assessment this evening when the leds come on.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 56 31.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back