Saturday space finders: zoanthids

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ezadyter.jpg

We have so many zoanthids we don't know what to do with them!!! Or do we? Did you know zoanthids or any other soft corals can and will grow up glass, powerheads, overflow boxes, snails, and even clams?!

Don't let that awesome new zoa frag at the LFS go to anyone else! There is always room for another few heads when you get creative. Who knows, you may end up with a 4x2 sheet of multiple species zoanthids! Now that's an investment!

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As creative as we may be, seeing a completely filled in zoa garden isn't a common site in this hobby since everyone's into collecting and fragging. Anyone with colonies ON display rock work please post your pics! :)

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still working on mine. The hardest decision is factoring what few zoas I want to actually grow and take each zoa's growth rate to give them the appropriate room. Started these rastas as 1-3p. Filling in nicely.
rastas_zpsf05fec24.jpg

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still desiding where to place these cause i want them to grow out nicely on the rocks. goaa place them in dirrect lights as i already am doing with the frags.
DSC06794edited.jpg

DSC06481edited.jpg

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As creative as we may be, seeing a completely filled in zoa garden isn't a common site in this hobby since everyone's into collecting and fragging. Anyone with colonies ON display rock work please post your pics! :)

Very good observation. Come on people let these frags grow lol!!! Oh wait i frag too haha!
I love zoas :)

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yea the skirts under blue and white are crazy yellow buy i couldnt capture that. and the blue ring is sick as heck. the Rainbows are insane the pink in them are hard to capture the full effect of them in person is amazing.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back