OP
ConnivingPigeon

ConnivingPigeon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is talking about a .1" gap. That's average of .05" on each side. How much water do you think can really pass through filter floss/felt that's .05" thick and multiple inches long? You might be surprised to find very little flow would occur.

Well, that was just a strawman, point being is that I probably won't be able to cut the acrylic accurately enough to nail the exact dimensions I'm trying for. Thanks for the tips, everyone, I'll post here once I get something made.

Thanks!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to get finer measurements and get a more precise filter media housing rack. In tank aio media basket. Blahblahblah. Whatever u call it.
You would need a set of calipers and go from inches to decimals. Its easy. I work with decimals and dimensions everyday at work being a machinist. Hths
D

Unregistered1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to get finer measurements and get a more precise filter media housing rack. In tank aio media basket. Blahblahblah. Whatever u call it.
You would need a set of calipers and go from inches to decimals. Its easy. I work with decimals and dimensions everyday at work being a machinist. Hths
D
I dont like the In tank media products...they are flimsy and cheap and easily reproduced yourself

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont like the In tank media products...they are flimsy and cheap and easily reproduced yourself

I have the intank media basket for the nuvo and have to say it's far from flimsy, it's extremely well made and strong, I bought it used as I couldn't find one in stock, gave it a good clean, it came up like new.
I did try their refugium basket but that I returned, it was slightly less sturdy, the issue was it didn't have any sides to it, which seemed a bit daft for a basket! seems some of their products are hit and miss from my experience.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back