Share you Bowser photos

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please allow me to beat the dead horse just one more time......

Cameras are very different than eyes. In my experience, one can force a Candy Apple Red to look SIMILAR to a Bowser paly by blasting it with light. You can even produce PICTURES of the two polyps that are nearly indistinguishable from each other, but they will always in reality look and be different in the same system under identical conditions. For example, one of the biggest differences is the consistent sheen and vibrance of the Bowser in comparison to the CAR, but this is hard to show as present or not present when comparing photographs. My bowsers look great in a system where my CAR's look just OK (subdued halides, no actinics). My CAR's look much better directly under Radiums with actinics, and look good!, but still fall short of the vibrance and glow of the Bowsers.

Maybe we can send a couple of polyps away for DNA analysis :) Maybe if there were more of them floating around we could get better comparison pictures. I'll try and post some flash shots when my frag grows a little more.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy is right, we need to start selling Bowsers at $2 per polyp :tongue:
Great find on yours Troy, they look incredible.

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, thats not what I said at all. Please do not put words into my mouth. What I said, is that before deciding if what he has is Bowsers or not, he should aquire a polyp of Bowsers to compare them to in his own tank.

You are saying, before he decides he has a bowser or not...on a post earlier he said "linage or not i have a bowser" so I thought he was already convinced that he had a bowser thats why I said that. and obviously he doesnt think that so it was my misunderstanding.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up wait a minute haha.... Riddle me this.....
Why can't I call it a bowser??? "not that I ever would" but why is it okay to call them candy reds??? Because the lower price tag it's acceptable??? I don't get it...they were sold to me as " I believe cars" vendor wasn't sure so as of right now I have a rainbow polyp that it is can't argue that it has 5 colors... I don't really care if mine are bowers or cars or tyrees right now there troylees ahahahahah.... I didn't want to kill the thread but I think these polyps are the same personally I mean I won't know until someone releases a bowser and I get it... I know of this glow your talking about I argued that point on a chalice when imitations came around...:tongue: arrrrrr lol

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you wanna call them bowsers you can call them bowsers. thats up to you

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No see your missing my point here.... I don't want to call them bowsers but everyone would argue if I did, but it's okay to call them cars??? Mine look different than your cars you submitted.... I'm lost hahahahah

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You did kill my thread so on that alone you should send me a polyp.;

Hold up wait a minute haha.... Riddle me this.....
Why can't I call it a bowser??? "not that I ever would" but why is it okay to call them candy reds??? Because the lower price tag it's acceptable??? I don't get it...they were sold to me as " I believe cars" vendor wasn't sure so as of right now I have a rainbow polyp that it is can't argue that it has 5 colors... I don't really care if mine are bowers or cars or tyrees right now there troylees ahahahahah.... I didn't want to kill the thread but I think these polyps are the same personally I mean I won't know until someone releases a bowser and I get it... I know of this glow your talking about I argued that point on a chalice when imitations came around...:tongue: arrrrrr lol

ctxmonitor

My Reef Creation
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blowzer, haha.. Cool name.. I believe if people want to get the exact same piece, we should start calling them by name. Like Tyrolee's Blowzer, gonzo space monster, etc. But then it would still be up to the seller to do the right thing and not name some wild colonies the same name as gonzo space monster for example..

I just always follow my rule, if they could provide a good sharp pic of how it look like, i'm sold. I just want the coloration, growth pattern, and hardiness of the coral, not a name. Tryolee, I believe like you say, ppl get mad cause probably the price is too low to be a browser if it isn't > $150-200, lol..

Browser (cTx's Browser), haha..
Bowser%20Frag.jpg

CAR,
Candy%20Apple%20Red.jpg

Last edited:

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO what are these 3 different ones I have? Anybody know?
DSCF0159-1.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

TIA, Jeff

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this thread back up with a fresh pic and this time pics only please no need for more comments unless you are going to send me a polyp;)
DSC05644.jpg

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that colony is not from me sorry brother.

I didn't say it was from you Jeremy, it trace back to you. It looks exactly the same as the bowser you sent me in the trade a while back. The one you send me melted away but was lucky to get another frag.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back