Share you Bowser photos

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gets brought up every couple/few months and the same argument/suggestions pop up, often by a lot of the same people. If you scroll down a little ways you'll probably find one of the older threads with plenty of the same discussion and pics. I've already posted some pics of mine and I have to agree with Bn251's sentiments. If you see them in person, there is no mistaking the two. I would say the Candy Apple Oranges are more similar in brightness, but they still lack the extra band of color (they're just green and orange, no red shade along the rim). I have all three morphs in the same tank and the Bowsers pop the most of those three and they are easy to tell apart. Definitely one of my top 5 favorites.

Here's an old pic of my Bowsers just cause they're pretty to look at. They've grown some since then, but definitely not fast. Pic was taken under daylight T-5 lighting. No I don't have any for sale.
bowser_19086.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I'll have to dig some old threads up then I'm totally new to this... This is honestly my first go around at it or I wouldn't have mentioned a word.... Never saw a bowser until this thread showed up "like I said I'm a zoo newb" I just saw the pics and was like what gives I have that polyp or something so similar I can't tell the difference... Going to check them in the morning....:xd: my supposedly cars will be sitting next to a real bowser for comparison....:tongue:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice comparison^^^^^ i can see in your pic 2 of the totally same polyp but one does glow more that would make sense for the only way to tell the difference is in person lol....:sad: man this is rough lol....

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics eastcoastreefer, and after some studying on zoaid.com, I can see the difference. The CAR has a lil blue around the mouth then green and then straight to red on zoaid.com. There is no other color on the disk, no yellow, no orange. Now above ^, Nanofins pic clearly shows a awesome rainbow fade, same blue mouth, smaller green area, then yellow, to orange, to red. JMO

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics eastcoastreefer, and after some studying on zoaid.com, I can see the difference. The CAR has a lil blue around the mouth then green and then straight to red on zoaid.com. There is no other color on the disk, no yellow, no orange. Now above ^, Nanofins pic clearly shows a awesome rainbow fade, same blue mouth, smaller green area, then yellow, to orange, to red. JMO
Well if I went off your opinion I got me some bowsers that were mislabeled...:tongue: Sorry for beating a dead horse guys I will drop it for now until I get a bowser and put them side by side for comparison..... Very very curious now.....

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a VERY SMALL frag of them that are lineaged in the same system as my Candy Apple Reds for a while now and the difference is obvious in person, as has been mentioned. Those are some crazy nice CAR's you have Troylee that do look different from mine...stranger things have happened !

Dirt nasty....Are those Kraylen's Kraken palys to the left of your Bowsers in your original picture ? :eek:oh:

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already said yours are fast growers so sell me three of your cars and I will post side by side photos.

Well if I went off your opinion I got me some bowsers that were mislabeled...:tongue: Sorry for beating a dead horse guys I will drop it for now until I get a bowser and put them side by side for comparison..... Very very curious now.....

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen the kraken but if you are talking about the green centers and pink skirts those are pink hippos.

I have had a VERY SMALL frag of them that are lineaged in the same system as my Candy Apple Reds for a while now and the difference is obvious in person, as has been mentioned. Those are some crazy nice CAR's you have Troylee that do look different from mine...stranger things have happened !

Dirt nasty....Are those Kraylen's Kraken palys to the left of your Bowsers in your original picture ? :eek:oh:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the growth rate is about a polyp a month on what ever it is I have.... I think if I had a small 1 or 2 polyp frag I would experience the super slow growth that is so common with any coral that is micro sized or single polyp.... But starting with 5 polyps it has grown nicely... I will be sending a polyp to drainbamage for further examination since we had a trade in the works anyways.... He is gonna put them side by side with his bowser and report back to me maybe even make a thread.... I have seen one great comparision thus far in this thread and yeah there is a difference in that pic.... Just my thoughts but if this keeps being brought up you think someone would have already done a comaparison test and pointed out all the differences... But then again I guess you can't because I'm hearing it can only be noticed in person... Which makes sense to me but then again it don't..... these macro shots show way more detail than I can see when looking at the polyps in my tank if a high dollar macro lens can't pick up a difference how can a human eye in person looking in a tank tell the difference....besides the glow??? A camera picks that up IMHO you can see the glow on my cars at least I think... How about a flash shot of a bowser????

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking at coralpedia, i just looked at chip counts pic and there is quiet the distinguished difference in those 2 polyps....something a camera does and did pick up the yellow band from what i see..... also looking at that pic i have a true bowser just don't have the linage to dream coral or what ever and honestly i don't care one bit i can tell you this much those palys can be found for way less than $250 a polyp.... i know what i paid and im not telling haha:tongue: shop around people shop around..... mine are worth way more than what i paid because i like them more than any other it's really up to the person like someone said before......
here is the link to coralpedia for reference....
CoralPedia.com :: Bowser Paly on the right, Candy Apple Red on the left

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dirt. Duh...yep those are pink hippos. I should have looked closer. The Kraken's have a similar center.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so there is also different grade zoos under the same name??? I'm really confused now....:sad:

Not really but there are CAR out there which are plain red and green. A buddy of mine has those, even with the right lighting they won't color up unlike the ones in the pics above.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah also you can tell it is a bowser by the blue center around the mouth it is bigger and pops up a bit more also the cut on each side of the polyp which CAR doesn't have. Nanofins and chipcount pics are great examples.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah also you can tell it is a bowser by the blue center around the mouth it is bigger and pops up a bit more also the cut on each side of the polyp which CAR doesn't have. Nanofins and chipcount pics are great examples.
Yeah I noticed the cut which mine clearly has I noticed the same thing on zoo-aid and coral pedia.... Cool deal I guess without all the confusing I did contribute my pics of my bowsers.... Ahahah:xd:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back