Share you Bowser photos

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get a pic of my candy reds in a hour or so.... They look amazing also everyone that sees them in my tank wants them.... Maybe they were mislabeled and I got bowsers who knows lol....what ever I have grows very fast for me....

how fast are we talking Troy? Bowsers are pretty slow growers but will usually pop one every 2/3 months once established...and they sure don't like to be fragged.

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to derail this I can start a new thread if ya Like but I don't see any differences... Or do I have bowsers and got it mixed up with cars???"thoughts??" Does someone have both and could get a pic side by side???

Yours are very nice but I do not think they are bowsers. They look similar but the green/yellow contrast is different from bowsers. Your palys seem more profound on the cut-off, whereas the bowsers seem to overlap with the green/yellow. Bowsers definitely look different in person (theres a pic on zoaid that has them next to CARs).
I am sure a lot of people will agree and say that they are bowsers, but there were very few released from Jaypainter. I saw the original colony and it wasnt huge by any means. I believe only a handful of people got them. (I have seen a few for sale that were not them but labeled as them for a premium price so buyer beware)

When everything is said and done, a paly is a paly. Buy what you like. But its probably best not to go and call them and sell them as Bowsers to other people who honestly believe they are the lineaged ones. Of course there are people that will say "everything came from the ocean" yada yada yada, but true collectors that are willing to pay a large price probably want the real deal just so they can have trade/sell value for them later on. just my 2 cents :)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NAh I agree completely I'm not trying to bank or anything here and never would lol.... Cars ,cao, bowsers etc I'm just really confused and never played the z&p game for this reason like this for instance a green overlap is gonna change the price from $10 pp to $250??? That's nuts!!!:tongue: they look identical to me and I'm about as far from a zoo expert as you can get that's why I'm curious.... I'll snap a good picture when I get home maybe you can point more differences out for the dummies like me... Hahahah :tongue:

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NAh I agree completely I'm not trying to bank or anything here and never would lol.... Cars ,cao, bowsers etc I'm just really confused and never played the z&p game for this reason like this for instance a green overlap is gonna change the price from $10 pp to $250??? That's nuts!!!:tongue: they look identical to me and I'm about as far from a zoo expert as you can get that's why I'm curious.... I'll snap a good picture when I get home maybe you can point more differences out for the dummies like me... Hahahah :tongue:

Yeah ultimately it comes down to what you like and what you are willing to pay for them :)
Radioactive dragon eyes are really cool looking imo and they are worth like 1/20 cent per polyp haha

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you see the bowsers in person it is incredible when they are colored up fully. Extremely bright and crazy contrast of the colors. There's CAR morphs that are really nice with a little of the same colors and some are just green and red. Still nothing compared to the bowsers. It's not because of just an additional color that the bowsers fetch a higher price it's also because they take forever to grow and sometimes can be finicky after fragging if not cut right and with a polyp of that stature it's a little nerve racking to frag it so quick. It's always better safe than sorry ESP when it comes to something like the bowser. Once you see them in person and how nice they are it's totally worth it IMO! They are my top 3 palys.

Reefaquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this paly can only be differentiated in person. I dont see the difference. longer tentacles, overlapping green and orange, brighter color, slow growth, hmmm, just like my car palys

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a couple better pics 100 percent from my camera to here no editing at all i don't even know how to use my camera much less photoshop lol....
the last pic is a flash shot!!!!!
DSC_0495-1.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0525.jpg

Celestin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you see the bowsers in person it is incredible when they are colored up fully. Extremely bright and crazy contrast of the colors. There's CAR morphs that are really nice with a little of the same colors and some are just green and red. Still nothing compared to the bowsers. It's not because of just an additional color that the bowsers fetch a higher price it's also because they take forever to grow and sometimes can be finicky after fragging if not cut right and with a polyp of that stature it's a little nerve racking to frag it so quick. It's always better safe than sorry ESP when it comes to something like the bowser. Once you see them in person and how nice they are it's totally worth it IMO! They are my top 3 palys.

+1 to the extremely brigh and crazy contrast, it literally glows compared to everything else i have

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Troylee I need a frag.... :D

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours are very nice but I do not think they are bowsers. They look similar but the green/yellow contrast is different from bowsers. Your palys seem more profound on the cut-off, whereas the bowsers seem to overlap with the green/yellow. Bowsers definitely look different in person (theres a pic on zoaid that has them next to CARs).
I am sure a lot of people will agree and say that they are bowsers, but there were very few released from Jaypainter. I saw the original colony and it wasnt huge by any means. I believe only a handful of people got them. (I have seen a few for sale that were not them but labeled as them for a premium price so buyer beware)

When everything is said and done, a paly is a paly. Buy what you like. But its probably best not to go and call them and sell them as Bowsers to other people who honestly believe they are the lineaged ones. Of course there are people that will say "everything came from the ocean" yada yada yada, but true collectors that are willing to pay a large price probably want the real deal just so they can have trade/sell value for them later on. just my 2 cents :)

+1 the orange band is thicker on the bowsers... My ultra CAR are like those

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to just post the pics and then see what I can see to compare the two with

%
CAR's
CARsActinic2.jpg

Bowser
pics14of13.jpg

OK- so between the two, I can see the difference. Mostly it's color/intensity though, so I have no problem with people who aren't seeing these in person, and are just seeing pictures online, especially poor quality/colored photo's, not sure what the difference's are. I've had both, and the Bowser is very distinct from the CAR's, but I can't tell you via skirt markings or something- basically it's just a very intense, very bright, very luminous polyp. Next to the My Miami, Crazy Fox, and all those other very 'pop' heavy chalices, it stands out- the CARs look VERY nice as well, but not the same. Wish I had a better way to describe it, but that's all I got for ya.
Oh, and I'd do a side by side but lost my CAR's to a sea hare and haven't replaced them yet (been chalice focussed lately)

Last edited:

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so there is also different grade zoos under the same name??? I'm really confused now....:sad:

I would say lighting matters with the color intensity. Under high light mine are very yellow/bright and under low light they display more green.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so there is also different grade zoos under the same name??? I'm really confused now....:sad:

Only if you want them to be- remember, there's no official database for any of these names- so any grading is only worth as much value as you place in it. Would you agree there's many varieties of "oregon blue torts' with some being much nicer than others?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back