Share you Bowser photos

jaypainter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chipcount and nanofins both got theirs from me, they are true bowsers off the true colony. I am the founder of the bowsers. Also dream corals bowsers also came from me.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's cool i'll call mine blowzers!!!!! blam ahahahahah... just playing..:tongue: im searching for a bowser as we speak to see it with my own eyes i can't distinguish the difference besides chip count's photos and if thats the case linage or not i have a bowser if it tracks back to you i have no clue...:sad: lol

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could somebody post a side-by-side shot of their nicely colored "ultra" CARs next to their Bowsers rather than separate photos, so we could see what this brightness is that everyone is talking about?

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah also you can tell it is a bowser by the blue center around the mouth it is bigger and pops up a bit more also the cut on each side of the polyp which CAR doesn't have. Nanofins and chipcount pics are great examples.
the cut can also appear on the CARs

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could somebody post a side-by-side shot of their nicely colored "ultra" CARs next to their Bowsers rather than separate photos, so we could see what this brightness is that everyone is talking about?

as soon as I pic up some more CAR's I'll be glad to- I've seen the difference in person and it's anything but subtle or close.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to grab one of those cars so if I am able to I will post pics.
I saw a couple frags of bowsers in your first pic I'll trade ya straight up lol.... I wanna see this for myself....:sure:

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a couple frags I have one and can't frag two polyps. But I have other stuff I can trade or if yousend me a price on a polyp I can see if I can purchase it out right .

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
linage or not i have a bowser if it tracks back to you i have no clue...:sad: lol

Hey Troy,

the thing is I can tell just from your pics that they are not bowsers. They may look very similar but they are still different :squigglemouth: You just have to take the word of the several people on here (who have seen them in person) that have posted already that they are indeed different.

Last edited:

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Troy,

the thing is I can tell just from your pics that they are not bowsers. They may look very similar but they are still different :squigglemouth: You just have to take the word of the several people on here (who have seen them in person) that have posted already that they are indeed different.

No, no he doesn't. If I had listened to what people said and posted on pictures, I never would have bought Strawberry Wines, because I would have believed that they were the same as Space Monsters. The only way for Lee to know for sure if his are Bowsers or not, it to get a Bowser polyp and place them side by side in the same aquarium, under the same lighting conditions and give them some time to settle in. True judgments between polyps (especially ones that are this close) cannot be made using pictures over the internet. JMO, for what its worth.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no he doesn't. If I had listened to what people said and posted on pictures, I never would have bought Strawberry Wines, because I would have believed that they were the same as Space Monsters. The only way for Lee to know for sure if his are Bowsers or not, it to get a Bowser polyp and place them side by side in the same aquarium, under the same lighting conditions and give them some time to settle in. True judgments between polyps (especially ones that are this close) cannot be made using pictures over the internet. JMO, for what its worth.

well said, and much better phrased than what I was coming up with, lol. A lot of polyps/corals in this hobby/trade are very tricky to take pictures of, especially given all of our relative skill's at using cameras and photo-editing to try and capture what the corals actually look like in person. Just check out any of Sprungs books- you can't tell me the 'real' look of the corals in his photo's is accurate given the flash that's used, right?

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After it settles and starts poping babies. I find the only way to see the true colors of a polyp based of you own lighting and water conditions is with the babies as you can see in my pics of my bowser. The baby was born in my tank and you can see the difference in the color from the adult.

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

so what you are saying is that he should call them bowsers and sell them as those (if he decides to sell or trade them) until he sees them side by side right?

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what you are saying is that he should call them bowsers and sell them as those (if he decides to sell or trade them) until he sees them side by side right?

No, thats not what I said at all. Please do not put words into my mouth. What I said, is that before deciding if what he has is Bowsers or not, he should aquire a polyp of Bowsers to compare them to in his own tank.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After it settles and starts poping babies. I find the only way to see the true colors of a polyp based of you own lighting and water conditions is with the babies as you can see in my pics of my bowser. The baby was born in my tank and you can see the difference in the color from the adult.

Weird- I always presume the coloring of pup heads to be false regardless of the coral. Acans, Zoa's, even chalice eyes usually display very different colors when young to when they're adults- I've assumed the true color would be that of the adult, not the pup?

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

you're presuming a buying/selling/trading priority out of someone- not a good way to look at it IMO. He might just be trying to figure out what he has. If he's a reputable person (which Lee has always seemed to be) he would surely not start passing them off as 'true' bowsers to someone without giving them the details.
That said- you're right that many people would do exactly what Lee wouldn't- but I prefer to still give people the benefit of the doubt :angel:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm... I'm gonna be completely honest here you said it earlier yourself... There worth what you want... My pics of my polyps look better than any in this thread besides ktars and I'm not saying this because there mine.... I think most of the forum will agree... You wanna know what I paid??? I broke it down $2 a polyp!!! Ahahah seriously if I was to walk into a store I would buy mine over any I have seen this far I wouldnt pay the $250/$500 the bowser catches any day for yours or mine!!! Ahaha according to your submissions I have a bowser... The reason everyone is denying it IMHO is there upset they wAy over paid.... That's what I'm getting here... Fwiw would I sell them for $10 nope!!! There not forsale for the record what I experienced in the last few months was a dull candy red blasted with high light morph into a bowser, I just witnessed it first hand now I just need a real bowser or should I say a bowser with linage to whom ever to close the book....;)

OP
OP
D

dirt-nasty-510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pup is almost a adult and still holding the same color and the adult has not changed much.

Weird- I always presume the coloring of pup heads to be false regardless of the coral. Acans, Zoa's, even chalice eyes usually display very different colors when young to when they're adults- I've assumed the true color would be that of the adult, not the pup?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back