IMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1184.jpg

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't want to derail the thread but i just want to point out that there's been wild ones coming out of the Caribbean that looks similar to Bloodshots.I've seen a lot of them being passed around recently as JFox's Bloodshots so buyers beware......

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't want to derail the thread but i just want to point out that there's been wild ones coming out of the Caribbean that looks similar to Bloodshots.I've seen a lot of them being passed around recently as JFox's Bloodshots so buyers beware......

This is so true. I have seen them sell for like 80.00 for 5 polyps. I mean really? 5 polyps for 80.00? What a steal!!! NOT I agree BUYERS beware!!!!

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use mh,t5 and led for my zoas and they look very happy

tens8273

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with ddiver comments. Of course in this z and p game, its hard to tell whats morphing in unique tank conditions and whats not. But I swear I see polyps that are not Bloodshots here but ones coming from the Carribean...I think Puerto Rico.

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so true. I have seen them sell for like 80.00 for 5 polyps. I mean really? 5 polyps for 80.00? What a steal!!! NOT I agree BUYERS beware!!!!

dont be confuse because jf have a new line (sm)of blood shots that he named bloodknobs and like i say they are a similar morhp of bloodshots and they look awesome to,jf sell them in the last show and i think hes goin to tyree frag show to sell them to.but you have reason beware but not confuse!!!!

ctxmonitor

My Reef Creation
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I agree lately there are many so call bloodshot... But many of them don't really show the special pastel coloring of the green and the red is usually not there. But like any zoa, paly different tank, different light yield different color. But I try buy the one that look closest to the general public. ;)

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, The recent wild ones seems to have more of a speckling effect around the mouth where JF Bloodshots is more of a solid reddish/purplish color and is more pronounced than the wild ones.

Maybe Ben(BN251) will chime in since he originally named these as Turple Terrors.:wink:

Last edited:

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, The recent wild ones seems to have more of a speckling effect around the mouth where JF Bloodshots is more of a solid reddish/purplish color and is more pronounced than the wild ones.

Maybe Ben(BN251) will chime in since he originally named these as Turple Terrors.:wink:

+1 yes they have a nice speckling effect and the originals have a wonderfull pastel coloring.any have a pic of turple terrors to compare please?

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah theres a few in this thread that are the wild ones that recently been showing up in abundance... none of them are compared to the originals. The non originals shouldnt be called bloodshots... i got a frag from Jason of the other morph, dont get me wrong they are nice! but they are 2 totally different palys. Unfortunetly after moving all my frags around due to my upgrade i cant find it anymore... :( ill try to aquire another frag and put up a comparison pics. BTW the "Turple Terrors" are in my avatar :)

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah theres a few in this thread that are the wild ones that recently been showing up in abundance... none of them are compared to the originals. The non originals shouldnt be called bloodshots... i got a frag from Jason of the other morph, dont get me wrong they are nice! but they are 2 totally different palys. Unfortunetly after moving all my frags around due to my upgrade i cant find it anymore... :( ill try to aquire another frag and put up a comparison pics. BTW the "Turple Terrors" are in my avatar :)
man they are hot "turple terrors"

newman24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought those were "blood shots"

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont be confuse because jf have a new line (sm)of blood shots that he named bloodknobs and like i say they are a similar morhp of bloodshots and they look awesome to,jf sell them in the last show and i think hes goin to tyree frag show to sell them to.but you have reason beware but not confuse!!!!

being that jf was here in puerto rico a couple months ago I wouldn't doubt then that those so called similar morphs are in fact the new line your talking about

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 beware of the similar morphs, not that they aren't nice palys (which they are, and I paid a nice price to get some and love them), but that we owe it to the integrity of our hobby, to the operators of this site, and to the Newbies to do our best to keep these things straight. Ben can correct me if I'm wrong (which I very well could be), but I am pretty sure the original Turple Terrors were not Caribbean in origin but collected on the the other side of the planet (indo/pacific or aussie?), "strongly suggesting" they are an entirely different species of animal, not just a variation based on locale. This is the same situation with Caribbean Armageddon look alikes that are being passed of as Armageddons these days. I am planning on putting together a thread on this in the next few days.

Maybe Ktar could join in, but I believe he released the Caribbean bloodshot look alikes as Deja-vu palys a while back, clearly designating that the are not bloodshots. These are very nice palys :), but not turple terrors or bloodshots.

We reef 2 reefers, serious collecters, catch enough flack for others in the hobby for supposedly randomly naming wild palys and charging rediculously high prices for them. Those of us who care about this hobby should do our best to maintain lineages and to designate as idential or similar morphs should wild colonies of "LE" coral be discovered and distributed.

Last edited:

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 beware of the similar morphs, not that they aren't nice palys (which they are, and i paid a nice price to get some and love them), but that we owe it to the integrity of our hobby, to the operators of this site, and to the newbies to do our best to keep these things straight. Ben can correct me if i'm wrong (which i very well could be), but i am pretty sure the original turple terrors were not caribbean in origin but collected on the the other side of the planet (indo/pacific or aussie?), "strongly suggesting" they are an entirely different species of animal, not just a variation based on locale. This is the same situation with caribbean armageddon look alikes that are being passed of as armageddons these days. I am planning on putting together a thread on this in the next few days.

Maybe ktar could join in, but i believe he released the caribbean bloodshot look alikes as deja-vu palys a while back, clearly designating that the are not bloodshots. These are very nice palys :), but not turple terrors or bloodshots.

We reef 2 reefers, serious collecters, catch enough flack for others in the hobby for supposedly randomly naming wild palys and charging rediculously high prices for them. Those of us who care about this hobby should do our best to maintain lineages and to designate as idential or similar morphs should wild colonies of "le" coral be discovered and distributed.

amen to that

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the collectors who are doing it, but rather the fakers trying to cash in. Since a lot of posts get deleted when people are called out for trying to sell fake polyps, it makes it kinda difficult. My .02

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back