Share Your Pics From Work

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure about the “good money” part, but you can make an ok chunk of change working 112 hour work weeks at just about anything. I’d imagine they’d tell you that the money was not the greatest reward.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh man, dont tell me you work at a golf course, or are a club pro.... Im so incredibly jealous!! Big time golfer here, usually get out every weekend but my shoulder has been hurting enough for the last month or so to keep me from playing.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple pics. I'm a production supervisor for a CNC job shop. We specialize in wire edm machining. I organize work flow through the shop, assign personnel to jobs, and setup high dollar jobs. Another big part of what I do is repair the equipment when it breaks down. I enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting and repairing equipment of all sorts.

20190329_082531.jpg

The inner workings of a 1994 wire edm machine. It lost the 24v power supply. I had to chase down the cause.
20190311_092310.jpg 20190311_092323.jpg 20190311_093852.jpg

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to climb down from a window to that level holding that rope and crawling across a wooden plank. I also put some of the lightning rods on top of the (original) World Trade Center as we were building it. I installed the fire alarm on the Empire Stat Building and lit up the top of it. It was re done 3 times since then. I used to eat my lunch at the base of the antenna but we had no cell phone cameras then. Heights don't bother me.
We built buildings all over Manhattan.
Yes I am IBEW.

Nice IUOE 15D here. Oof, my stomach is twisting just thinking about having to climb out there. I'm on the leading edge of a new building laying out curtain wall, or on a rooftop doing a property survey, but never have to climb out onto a different level like that.

OP
OP
Rjukan

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CubsFan Great pictures man, that first one is incredible, you should use Shutterfly and get that made into something you could put on the wall.

@Mical Cool pic, that looks like live event sound engineering, do you do recording studio work as well? I was a intern in Manhattan for a brief time for a small studio, 20 years ago now, yikes!

@Swoody Nice, I was a big fan of the deadliest catch for the first few seasons. Do you live up there all year or only during the fishing season? That bald eagle pic is stunning btw.

@saltyfilmfolks That backdrop looks so real!!

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rjukan - I've been a live sound engineer since early eighties. I've dabbled in studios on occasion but only at the artists request. That pic was at Crossroads fest.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CubsFan Great pictures man, that first one is incredible, you should use Shutterfly and get that made into something you could put on the wall.

That shot was taken by a friend who still works in fire. My friend in the pic with me now owns a tattoo shop and art studio and left fire. The photographer has several shots in his studio including this one. They’re transferred to what looks like canvas. Not sure of the details. This ones my favorite because it’s personal, but there’s others that are just as good.

57F1D9CA-CA0A-473A-B63E-6A5946EB3C49.jpeg

77B75AA6-2B42-4BAB-B990-921D4B778960.jpeg

1A44C0E8-F587-4917-ADD8-D2F70ACE3105.jpeg

A53E038C-6F3F-49C9-AD5F-8193FAFD7848.jpeg

9BF54483-4F65-4F80-AD7D-2F76B2123BBE.jpeg

Messed up this post. I’ve got a reply in the quote. I don’t computer or internet so good.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confirming reports of natural seep oil on the shoreline this morning. IMG_6672.JPG

A little further up the coastline, there were some balls scattered about but most people didn't notice the tar at all. My job was finished there. IMG_6680.JPG

There had been light rain in the night before, but it was not raining and folks were out.

edit: @coral diver Looks like we are neighbors!

I was very glad to return to the safety of my office environment, a highly secure facility! I had to be careful to not include any parts of our confidential proprietary equipment or the operators (sleeping) inside of the building. IMG_6684.JPG
Check out this stunning view above me in my allotted 70 square feet. IMG_6682.JPG

I put 6500K bulbs in that fixture but they switched them back to 3500K to conform with the spectrum provided in the rest of the establishment fixtures. The air vent provides this space with just enough temperature controlled dust and pollen to allow me to sneeze 1.3x/day on average year-round. It was more comfortable to sleep under a daylight spectrum, but I do still get some rest by sliding underneath my desk. :)

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Mical Cool pic, that looks like live event sound engineering, do you do recording studio work as well? I was a intern in Manhattan for a brief time for a small studio, 20 years ago now, yikes!

@Swoody Nice, I was a big fan of the deadliest catch for the first few seasons. Do you live up there all year or only during the fishing season? That bald eagle pic is stunning btw.

@saltyfilmfolks That backdrop looks so real!!

I fly back and forth every couple months.... it’s beautiful up there but honestly you’d need your head examined to live there...(unless you want to pay double for day to day necessities and love horrible weather!!)

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s initial attack on a fire on the west shore of Lake Tahoe and a couple after things slow down a bit as the morning rolls around and the rain has hit it.

005DD233-9D09-475C-B8D4-3BCB5200CA0F.jpeg

0168D1D0-581F-4AC2-8A7A-59D1CA0E4808.jpeg

C9B8C241-8372-4769-BED2-4A6325373273.jpeg
Please be safe out there. Tahoe is not too far from where I live. I am about 45mins north of Sacramento, out by Beale AFB.

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another day in paradise
aa4c4f821de54a33d23496fd50630393.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the sort of high quality threads I come here for! Unfortunately I work in a cubicle with no windows all day so my pics wouldn't be all that interesting :rolleyes:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fly back and forth every couple months.... it’s beautiful up there but honestly you’d need your head examined to live there...(unless you want to pay double for day to day necessities and love horrible weather!!)

I work with many folks who worked the aquaculture scene up there, many for a season or two just for the experience. My current boss was up there for a couple years until he found work that brought him home. Too remote for him.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the sort of high quality threads I come here for! Unfortunately I work in a cubicle with no windows all day so my pics wouldn't be all that interesting :rolleyes:

Before I left work to stay home with my kiddos... this was me. Besides the occasional publisher meeting or trade show, I rarely left my cube lol

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be safe out there. Tahoe is not too far from where I live. I am about 45mins north of Sacramento, out by Beale AFB.
Thank you. I’ll relay to all my friends still working in fire. I resigned just before the fire in Paradise. I’m like a tree magnet out there. Be safe where you’re at. Get that defensible space and have a plan for evacuation.

And if you’re close, I hope you’re getting out to Tahoe here and there. This place is a pretty good spot.

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, dont tell me you work at a golf course, or are a club pro.... Im so incredibly jealous!! Big time golfer here, usually get out every weekend but my shoulder has been hurting enough for the last month or so to keep me from playing.

I’m the guy that grows the grass that most golfers at sometime or another get mad at. I’m the golf course superintendent.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m the guy that grows the grass that most golfers at sometime or another get mad at. I’m the golf course superintendent.
No matter how or what grass you grow it will not affect my ability to hit that little white ball sitting still on the ground any better! I could swear that I can and often did hit a moving baseball, softball, racket ball, or tennis ball more often and for greater distance and with more power and control.

And yet that little golf ball just lies there and taunts me to hit it straight and for some reasonable distance. Yep better grass is not going too help me or a large percentage of golfers I see!

Last edited:

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I’ll relay to all my friends still working in fire. I resigned just before the fire in Paradise. I’m like a tree magnet out there. Be safe where you’re at. Get that defensible space and have a plan for evacuation.

And if you’re close, I hope you’re getting out to Tahoe here and there. This place is a pretty good spot.
I've been to Tahoe a few times and yes its pretty nice

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back