Should we rethink and refine means and methods for cycling tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you insane? or are you in favor of the sentence that if a lie is repeated enough of times - it will be true

Here is what he wrote in post #731 He does not talk about cycle at all - the word cycle is not mentioned in the post at all, You have change his word in favour for your hypothesis - you just are a simple counterfeiter. But maybe it is my bad english that says that measure and cycle not is synonyms.

Cycle with nitrite if you want - how in the whole world did you fit that together?

You owe us a big apology for falsifying what a person wrote in your thread

Sincerely Lasse
Read you bold in Randy's quote Lasse.
Randy did give us Cycle with Ammonia.
The small measured feedings and cycling out ammonia totally makes Nitrates and Nitrites insignificant here.
I cant even get Nitrates to record above 2ppm through the entire process.
Don't care about Nitrites in the least here.
Totally Insignificant in this application;)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not agree in many things - among them the significance of your "work threads" We do not agree in the way you falsify other peoples post. The troll in here is not any other person than yourself,

I can stand namedropping - that´s a common trick when people not can defend themselves . but I will not accept namedropping and falsifying other respected persons text

I seldom report people that I have an harsch debate with - but in this case do you use a respected persons name, falsify his text so it fit your agenda.. This is not discussion - this is fraud. I have reported this

The word cycling is not mentioned at all in that post - this is the text measuring and cycling is not synonyms - not in english, not in swedish not in any language
If you care about ammonia, measure ammonia. If you care about nitrate, measure nitrate.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do not agree in many things - among them the significance of your "work threads" We do not agree in the way you falsify other peoples post. The troll in here is not any other person than yourself,

I can stand namedropping - that´s a common trick when people not can defend themselves . but I will not accept namedropping and falsifying other respected persons text

The word cycling is not mentioned at all in that post - this is the text measuring and cycling is not synonyms - not in english, not in swedish not in any language

Sincerely Lasse
Potatoes Tomatoes Lasse seriously.
We both know Testing Nitrates with small measured feedings is totally insignificant in the application ive discussed.
I'm telling people loud and clear here.
Test for Ammonia using Seneye Nh3.
Confirm with API ammonia kit to .001 of themselves.
The rest is totally insignificant to put any importance to.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potatoes Tomatoes Lasse seriously.
We both know Testing Nitrates with small measured feedings is totally insignificant in the application ive discussed.
I'm telling people loud and clear here.
Test for Ammonia using Seneye Nh3.
Confirm with API ammonia kit to .001 of themselves.
The rest is totally insignificant to put any importance to.
Wouldn’t seneye and API nitrite confirmation keep everyone happy? Step 1 and 2 completion etc. I’ve tried to get dodgy readings on API nitrite and nothing seemed to effect it.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT

It is not a small thing to falsify a text in my world - in my eyes nothing you say from now will be respected because you can´t be trust at all. OK if you have misunderstand a text and apologize for that - but you still persists in your false claims.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn’t seneye and API nitrite confirmation keep everyone happy? Step 1 and 2 completion etc. I’ve tried to get dodgy readings on API nitrite and nothing seemed to effect it.
It probably would make Lasse happy;)
Although if he totally agrees with Api Ammonia kits im not following why he's not accepting 0 ammonia when seneye says .001 checked to it.
At this point I'm putting no significance in nitrites in my application.
I have tested Nitrates and never seen the higher than 2ppm through the whole application and that was with a cpl extra mysis.
I dont believe we are worried about 2 ppm nitrates as there are fully functioning healthy reefs here running on Kool aid colored Nitrates.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT

It is not a small thing to falsify a text in my world - in my eyes nothing you say from now will be respected because you can´t be trust at all. OK if you have misunderstand a text and apologize for that - but you still persists in your false claims.

Sincerely Lasse
Randy said test for Ammonia. That's the only thing I'm putting significance in here. Ive tested Nitrates through my applications and again "No Significance" Lasse.
I'm going to continue to discren the information provided. We both know how I especially don't appreciate others complete dismissal of work especially when its been charted by brilliant individuals.

I'm testing Ammonia Lasse. Ive tested Nitrates and found 0 significance at 2ppm at the highest.
Like I said I'll be testing Nitrites for fun
Hope its clear enough this time

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon my next thread is going to be-

Cycling with Ammonia and Seneye NH3
The most efficient way to cycle and stock a tank in record time;)
We will put 0 "Significance" on the testing of nitrites. We will "test the for fun" but prove the "Significance" of Randy's statement!
@Lasse I'm not sure if you missed this post or not but this is truly where im at now:D

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried to get dodgy readings on API nitrite and nothing seemed to effect it.
That´s what I have tried to say for many years now - nitrite testing is rather robust - few interferences and a well known method. If you use methods with high ammonia input - use the nitrite test - get the peak and the decline - nitrification cycle is confirmed. It have nothing with toxicity to do - it have with smartness and safety to do in order to confirm a seamless nitrification

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy said test for Ammonia
And you state he said "cycle with ammonia" in several posts - you are a person that can´t be trust in anything you write from now

Sincerely Lasse

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse

remember we want your data, so these next coming months be taking time to sell your method and have others use it, and keep those links handy for a patterning thread you can make once you have a convincing amount of input. Make something new we can inspect in 2022.

we can’t move this matter forward without equal effort from you to arrange some convincing proofs from patterns you observed in others tanks. My concern is, deep into 2022 we are still disagreeing and the one hundred new tanks we’ve started and kept for tracking won’t matter, and won’t be opposed by other patterns you can show. My concern is a verbal only disagreement with no patterning work done all throughout 2022.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That´s what I have tried to say for many years now - nitrite testing is rather robust - few interferences and a well known method. If you use methods with high ammonia input - use the nitrite test - get the peak and the decline - nitrification cycle is confirmed. It have nothing with toxicity to do - it have with smartness and safety to do in order to confirm a seamless nitrification

Sincerely Lasse
There's only one disconnect now Lasse
Not many people believe in the "significance of testing for nitrites" at all
Which is totally insigficant in my application

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you state he said "cycle with ammonia" in several posts - you are a person that can´t be trust in anything you write from now

Sincerely Lasse
Yes I absoloutely did.
I said Cycle with Ammonia and test for it instead. Randy said test for Ammonia or Nitrates.
Nitrates in my application are totally insignificant at no higher than 2ppm readings through the whole entire process;)
I said test for Ammonia.
Specifically Seneye NH3 and confirm with Api to .001.
I said that and make no mistake I stand 100% behind what I said!
I have proven to many times to myself through too many applications now that Randy is 1000% correct.
Test for Ammonia it not only works but is 1000% more effective at precise concentrations we can test for now.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This why Lasse is right about nitrites being so important to measure. All we can do is simplify the system far enough to the point where a measurement could be an indicator for an incoming problem. Nitrites high/rising means either potentially more NO3 incoming when NOB's catch up which in many tanks means more algae or other pest or it could mean potentially more NH4/3 incoming when NOB's drop further behind which could result in dead fish.
Randys post was an answer to this statement - It had nothing, nothing to do with cycling.

You have - IMO - past a red line that you do not pass in a forum discussion - or in any other discussion either - falsify another persons statement in order to shine.

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's only one disconnect now Lasse
Not many people believe in the "significance of testing for nitrites" at all
Which is totally insigficant in my application
If so - it does not bother me at all - I´m no conformist

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randys post was an answer to this statement - It had nothing, nothing to do with cycling.

You have - IMO - past a red line that you do not pass in a forum discussion - or in any other discussion either - falsify another persons statement in order to shine.

Sincerely Lasse
Correct im the one that said Cycle ammonia. Randy said test for Ammonia or Nitrates. Nitrates at 2ppm is of no significance whatsoever in my application.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If so - it does not bother me at all - I´m no conformist

Sincerely Lasse
Hahaha same man
What do you think about the 2ppm Nitrates I found through my application of testing for ammonia with light measured feedings?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse you also get this boost

since others are making the pattern threads currently used to change the rules in cycling, you should track those assigned start dates/the actual keeper we're helping/ and see how those tank fare every 6 mos. you can compile your own observations off my data even if you won't make your own pattern threads this coming year.

try and find any repeating bad outcomes, and re link those findings in future disagreements on biofilter dynamics. either way, be using other people's outcomes in bulk for the basis of the counterpoint. just simply keep a name list running for any tank we do a cycle troubleshoot, and check back with that reefer six months after the fact.

ask them a core set of questions in each assessment, and log those responses and report the patterns you find on disease expression, api kit compliance etc. nitrite. all the core stuff we're debating you can pick that trending off other's web work as well.

Reactions: LRT

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha same man
What do you think about the 2ppm Nitrates I found through my application of testing for ammonia with light measured feedings?
Nitrates May have been less, without testing nitrites we will never know. Could maybe lead to low nutrient condition :)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates May have been less, without testing nitrites we will never know. Could maybe lead to low nutrient condition :)
In a tank full of of over 100 mushrooms it absoloutely does. I had to dose my shroom lagoon for 2 months to keep Nitrates between 2-5ppm or else they would deplete it.
Great point Garf that's why I feel its extremely important reefers keep at least detectable levels of nutrients no matter what application is used. I do believe it leads to the issues with dinos and other blooms and algae. And vice versa. Overloading system with too many nutrients too soon with have same effect im seeing that now in tank 2.
Very fine precise line we must walk. I like the precise line though its much easier to control:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back