Show us your (bare) bottom!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pump arrived yesterday! Can. Not. Wait to get it all together with the chiller. Now if only I could make up my mind on powerheads/wavemakers and an ATO.

Jebao/Jecod Cp-25 or 2 pp8 4th gens. Thoughts?
I wished I could help but me and ATO have not had a very good relationship. Currently I am not using one because I have had 2 that I could not trust. I get away with it because my basement sump only loses about a half inch or less of water a day. I have enough sump space to go over a week before my return could run dry. Of course it affects salinity and my skimmer but I check it at least every other day so its ok.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pump arrived yesterday! Can. Not. Wait to get it all together with the chiller. Now if only I could make up my mind on powerheads/wavemakers and an ATO.

Jebao/Jecod Cp-25 or 2 pp8 4th gens. Thoughts?
I wished I could help but me and ATO have not had a very good relationship. Currently I am not using one. I get away with it because my basement sump only loses about a half inch or less of water a day. I have enough sump space to go over a week before my return could run dry. Of course it affects salinity and my skimmer but I check it at least every other day so its ok.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had bad luck with two also. Unfortunately since I run fans and live in the south I have about 1.5g evaporation per day! I must find a reliable one. My Husband has a sentry (sp?) on our 90 and likes it. However, the 90 has a direct pipe to the RODI through the wall. I will need a container plus float switch.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
194E20FF-F791-42F1-A69D-3CFC3AE8EC23.jpeg
Updated photo, SPS have settled into the LPS tank nicely. Yes, I went there again.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine. It started with sand but I wanted to bring my nutrients down so I removed the sand. I’ve never been in love with the look of a bb tank but I’ve grown to be okay with it. I started to cover the glass with star polyps

3a2285137023bc07d146704147d5d9eb.jpg
I love it! I thought of growing gsp on the bottom but I can't vacuum it! Seahorses are messy!

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No trouble with flow? I have a 90 mixed reef in addition to my seahorse tank. LOS and softies mostly. I am selling it though.
No trouble with flow. It’s a Reefer 170, using mp10’s on either side, runs 52 % on reefcrest and lagoon 24/7 alternating. Detritus settles middle of tank behind the Acan maxima, easy to remove. My original plan was LPS only this time around, then the JF Homewrecker release. So, I decided to try it. Now there’s two , a Blueberry from Big R and Matt Vs Orange. All doing well. I glued a CB XXX chalice on the side of the latter rock to see what would happen, it’s encrusting nicely.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost track of this thread for a minute! Sorry! Update of my BB tank......Video taken today. Pictures last night. @cincyreef I love how you have encrusted the bottom of your tank. I wish I could do that. I fear trapped mysis and decay/bacteria with horses. My CUC does a great job but feeding 2-3 x's per day? Ekk. My tank has a very "clean" look that I still try to look past. For the sake of the horses?.....they are healthy and husbandry is simplified for me. Win, win.

received_215023382636793.jpeg
received_215023309303467.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice set up @I'm a natural blue! glad to see the update your tank looks great. but looks like you have room for another one there...:p

I am still thinking of a SH tank cant get it out of my mind for years now...I would have a hard time going BB sand just looks so good and soothing but I bet maintenance is alot easier.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 78.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.5%
Back