Show Us Your SUMPLESS Tank(s) !

Dub_G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank. What livestock do you have? And does your alkinity drop fast? From what might I ask?
For fish I have one ocellaris clown, two bengaii cardinals, coral beauty angel, fairy wrasse, and a small green mandarin along with CUC.

For corals I have: several zoas, two hammers, frogspawn, pulsing xenia, green star polyps, green button polyps, toadstool, Duncan, large leather, several acans, and a goniopora.

My alkalinity doesn't drop too fast. The last time I had to add buffer to the tank was a couple of weeks ago. I just tested again tonight and it was at 9.

Bud Crayne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Here's my 120, I have two bio wheels, two Reef octopus skimmers and two Hot magnums with Hydor rotating heads. I perform weekly maitenance including 10% water change with Red Sea pro salt. No dosing or additives.

katguevara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to mod my fluval 3026 cannister. Looking for some ideas. I'm currently running it with the media it came with.

Travis Rider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to mod my fluval 3026 cannister. Looking for some ideas. I'm currently running it with the media it came with.
I run the same canister. I took everything out that came with it. I run carbon, floss, Chemi-pure elite blue, and Purigen. I found that removing the bioballs and pads help me reduce my Nitrates.

katguevara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the same canister. I took everything out that came with it. I run carbon, floss, Chemi-pure elite blue, and Purigen. I found that removing the bioballs and pads help me reduce my Nitrates.
When you clean it out can you post some pictures of your set up? What did you put in place of those long sponges? I was thinking about keeping those bio things cause I read that it was good for keeping bacteria.

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55g no sump :)
20170304_185954.jpg

Fluval Sea skimmer
AI 26HD for lights
Jebao PP8 for flow
No HOB and rarely do waterchanges
Also running bare bottom
System has been running smoothly now for about 8 months

Last edited:

Travis Rider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you clean it out can you post some pictures of your set up? What did you put in place of those long sponges? I was thinking about keeping those bio things cause I read that it was good for keeping bacteria.

They can be good at keeping bacteria but they can also get out of control. I took the pads and the holder out. That is the chamber I throw my purigen and chemi-pure in. I place the carbon in one of the baskets and then place floss in another. The third one I leave empty.

katguevara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be good at keeping bacteria but they can also get out of control. I took the pads and the holder out. That is the chamber I throw my purigen and chemi-pure in. I place the carbon in one of the baskets and then place floss in another. The third one I leave empty.
Do you just use those carbon bags that came with the filter?

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for more sumpless tanks!:) Love seeing the simple setups. Everybody's tanks look awesome!

vinnyvin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any details? Looks great
Thanks! alway been a bit scared of posting up a picture of it. Scared of negative comments lol.

Tanks second birthday in June
No dosing
10% weekly water change
30gallon fluval sea m90
Tmc 600 skimmer
Evergrow it2060 leds (I think)
Running a reactor with rowaphos
Cheato in hob with a tmc led light
Fluval sea and rw8 power head with controller (just taken rw8 off)
Auto aqua ATO

Hoping to purchase an aqua medic temperature controller on Monday and I think that will be it then.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back