Small white little wavy things

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if you can tell, but I have these white little wavy things growing out of my rock and I started with dead dry rock that I had laying around so I have no idea where they came from but does anybody know what they are?

Attachments

• IMG_2577.mov
    42.5 MB

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it moves on its own (not cuz of.flow) 2 things come to mind, if smooth tentacles, tube worms (I believe that's what they are called) if spikes spinning worms and can sting coral. If it's just flowing might be dead algae

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it moves on its own (not cuz of.flow) 2 things come to mind, if smooth tentacles, tube worms (I believe that's what they are called) if spikes spinning worms and can sting coral. If it's just flowing might be dead algae

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It almost looks like a jellyfish cause it has tentacles, but I turned off my wave maker, and there was little to no movement on them

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look close and see of they are smooth or look like they have a spike ball on the end
The only thing I noticed is just wavy tentacles they’re very very small so it’s hard to tell they almost look like a white microscopic version of a zoanthid

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if you can tell, but I have these white little wavy things growing out of my rock and I started with dead dry rock that I had laying around so I have no idea where they came from but does anybody know what they are?

White lights and try to take a pic with flow off.

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White lights and try to take a pic with flow off.

“Shannon16 Marine Led Aquarium Light Full Spectrum Reef Coral Saltwater Fish Tank” it’s the white dot underneath the coral in that little hole
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Please post a you tube video of at least 25 seconds under white lighting and assure glass is clear. Can be hydroid jelly fish or hydrozoa but extremely hard to see and confirm

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please post a you tube video of at least 25 seconds under white lighting and assure glass is clear. Can be hydroid jelly fish or hydrozoa but extremely hard to see and confirm

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better video maybe someone else will chime in. I still think aiptasia. There are things on the market that may kill them F-aiptasia is one. Some say peppermint shrimp will do the job. They didnt do anything in my tank except irritate my lps. Some fish will eat them hit or miss with these guys too file fish, copper band butterfly. Berghia nudis work if you can find them. They will die when aiptasia is gone or they crawl into a power head. Hoping for a spionid worm diagnosis for you, thats my other guess.

OP
OP
cale_tino

cale_tino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better video maybe someone else will chime in. I still think aiptasia. There are things on the market that may kill them F-aiptasia is one. Some say peppermint shrimp will do the job. They didnt do anything in my tank except irritate my lps. Some fish will eat them hit or miss with these guys too file fish, copper band butterfly. Berghia nudis work if you can find them. They will die when aiptasia is gone or they crawl into a power head. Hoping for a spionid worm diagnosis for you, thats my other guess.
Ok thanks for the feedback I appreciate

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back