Sons fish turned into my new hobby

hammerschmidtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very new to this only ever had a beta fish. My son wanted a clown fish for his 7th birthday and didn’t know how hard it would be to maintain not just the fish but the tank and what he can add to the tank. Bought him a Evo 13.5 with some live rocks and said why not go all in. I started reading on what I could add what needs to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. Started buying upgrades (AI Prime light, nero3, heater,biomedia) and now I’m hooked on the numerous things you can add to the tank and each one is really unique. What would be the one thing you recommend to either purchase or do with me being so new to this amazing hobby? I don’t even know what to put or what a lps frags softies…..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m very new to this only ever had a beta fish. My son wanted a clown fish for his 7th birthday and didn’t know how hard it would be to maintain not just the fish but the tank and what he can add to the tank. Bought him a Evo 13.5 with some live rocks and said why not go all in. I started reading on what I could add what needs to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. Started buying upgrades (AI Prime light, nero3, heater,biomedia) and now I’m hooked on the numerous things you can add to the tank and each one is really unique. What would be the one thing you recommend to either purchase or do with me being so new to this amazing hobby? I don’t even know what to put or what a lps frags softies…..
Glad to hear it rubbed off hence why many of us refer to reefing as an ADDICTION

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the crazy world of reef keeping. Keep looking for what types of corals and animals interest you. Then, make sure they are compatible with your system. In a small system, there are some really cool critters you can add to make an amazing reef community.
Goggle things like nano reef tanks or pico reefs. Or do search on here. You will find some great stuff.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back