Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now i still need help IDing this guys but i have come to the conclusion i want him out anyways and have set up a trap for him so now we wait
He does seem to have only one claw at the moment

The trap i have right now:
with frozen mysis shrimp inside
As soon as u catch him, send it's pic in good light for id as it is very hard to tell that it's Gorilla crab as most of them hides in a rock hole. They only comes to sand bed when lights are off to search food and in video it is walking in sand bed so it is possible that you may have other type of crab (hope for the best).

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as u catch him, send it's pic in good light for id as it is very hard to tell that it's Gorilla crab as most of them hides in a rock hole. They only comes to sand bed when lights are off to search food and in video it is walking in sand bed so it is possible that you may have a good crab (hope for the best).
Will do imediately after i capture it

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as u catch him, send it's pic in good light for id as it is very hard to tell that it's Gorilla crab as most of them hides in a rock hole. They only comes to sand bed when lights are off to search food and in video it is walking in sand bed so it is possible that you may have other type of crab (hope for the best).
I really cant tell what else it would be though

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really cant tell what else it would be though
Actually I had battled with that problem. While cleaning my tank's sand I found one but at that time I don't have the knowledge about crabs so reintroduced it to my tank. Then it multiply in such a big number. Mine never walked out in lights. I only saw it in rock holes. The only thing I can see is moults. Till now I had caught 5 crabs alive and 6 dead. Thanks to my cinnamon clownfish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets hope is a nice happy type of crab

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I had battled with that problem. While cleaning my tank's sand I found one but at that time I don't have the knowledge about crabs so reintroduced it to my tank. Then it multiply in such a big number. Mine never walked out in lights. I only saw it in rock holes. The only thing I can see is moults. Till now I had caught 5 crabs alive and 6 dead. Thanks to my cinnamon clownfish.
Well, wine walked out of its hole in plain light to scavenge in the rock a bit then i scared it and it ran away

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried many traps but none worked. From last 7 months I had not find any crabs but still I fear I had them still in my tank. I remove them from nets

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y
It is the most difficult part. They are good in hiding. You might see several crabs and moults now
My other problem is that i have since identified two porcelain crabs (also hitchhikers) and i want to make sure they are safe because i am actually very happy they are there and want them to stay

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have they done any damage to your tank or your fish?
Actually few small size damsels and clowns got disappeared sand they make holes in the rocks still, I am not sure about damsel and clowns. They can't harm any big fishes. I heard that they will eat anything that fits in their claws

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually few small size damsels and clowns got disappeared sand they make holes in the rocks still, I am not sure about damsel and clowns. They can't harm any big fishes. I heard that they will eat anything that fits in their claws
Doesn't sound good for my idea of having sexy shrimp

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back