Thanksgiving Turkey

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I do it on a patio away from the house.

This is the first year in quite awhile that I won't be making a Turkey. Going to the in-laws! :eek:
I've got enough room I could do it well away from the house I'm pretty sure it would still jump onto the house though. Lol

Thanksgiving is the only holiday that my side and my wife's side come together. It is like the Hatfields and McCoys. Our house is about as neutral as it gets. We used to go to two thanksgivings each year. We finally said, "Nope! Want to see us? You can come to us. Otherwise, see ya when we see ya!"

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I do it on a patio away from the house.

This is the first year in quite awhile that I won't be making a Turkey. Going to the in-laws! :eek:
Yeah never fry a turkey inside:confused:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I let my husband see this post he'll be wanting to change our menu, can I send him to your house;)
:D

Of course, can he shuck oysters and clean crabs?

Are you making a livorno for the calamari, to just a simple tomato sauce?

I make the stuffed calamari, I am Sicilian and no Livorno. It is my secret recipe. :rolleyes:
Whats Thanksgiving without stuffed calamari over linguini. My life is surrounded by seafood. But I also love turkey. I just wish it had gills. :eek:

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, can he shuck oysters and clean crabs?

I make the stuffed calamari, I am Sicilian and no Livorno. It is my secret recipe. :rolleyes:
Whats Thanksgiving without stuffed calamari over linguini. My life is surrounded by seafood. But I also love turkey. I just wish it had gills. :eek:

He sure can! We just had a bushel of both!:D We get both of them from the eastern shore.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for you smokers, how are you smoking it? I'm doing mine on my green egg, with light smoke as I heard the smokiness of turkey can be a bit overwhelming. And what is your brine recipe?
apple wood.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He sure can! We just had a bushel of both!:D We get both of them from the eastern shore.

I am already on the eastern shore. :D
We alternate linguini and crabs or calamari before the turkey, which I personally do not know how to cook. My wife does that. We barbecued the turkey once, that took forever and needed a huge bar be cue
I catch the crabs, and eat them.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am already on the eastern shore. :D
We alternate linguini and crabs or calamari before the turkey, which I personally do not know how to cook. My wife does that. We barbecued the turkey once, that took forever and needed a huge bar be cue
I catch the crabs, and eat them.
Yep we had those last Thursday

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will eat oysters with Rockefeller, Kennedy or anyone else.
We have them for appetizers but the best way to eat oysters is right out of the ocean like M&Ms

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for you smokers, how are you smoking it? I'm doing mine on my green egg, with light smoke as I heard the smokiness of turkey can be a bit overwhelming. And what is your brine recipe?

I'm doing mine on a Weber Smokey Mountain. Just going to use a few pieces of apple wood for the smoke.

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the Bacon.
I put bacon in the green beans, wrap asparagus in bacon and then baste my brussel sprouts with bacon fat while they are roasting ;):)
What's food without bacon??? A friend of mine even had a bacon wine party:D

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will eat oysters with Rockefeller, Kennedy or anyone else.
We have them for appetizers but the best way to eat oysters is right out of the ocean like M&Ms

That's his favorite as well, the saltier the better

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back