0   0   0
5D3_1374.jpg
Nice shot! I miss my Potter's.

DamianOZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice (and rare?) combo -- dwarf angels and polyp extension! Congratulations! lol
On most corals yes, but not all, they seem to peck at some corals more than others

These pair were sold last year due to closing that tank down, I currently have a Potters that pecks polyps too. They all seem to start off ok, but as they get a bit older they gain a taste for polyps. My Poweder blue tang is probably worse, it munches on the tips

Neil43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great topic some lovely angels we dont often see in the uk.

Squared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 year old venustus:

DSCN3824.JPG

DSCN3835.JPG

I am about to try and add a small multicolor to this tank. Anyone else keeping multiple dwarfs in a 40?

Last edited:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 year old venustus:

DSCN3824.JPG

DSCN3835.JPG

I am about to try and add a small multicolor to this tank. Anyone else keeping multiple dwarfs in a 40?
It will be tough to add a multicolor to an established venusta in a 40g. They are closely related and aggression will be high amongst these two species.

Squared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All dwarf angels are closely related. Multicolor and venustus are members of different complexes as well.

What was an after though was that both angels have somewhat similar colors around the head. Regardless, the rest of the fish are both different. I 100% plan to try this, even with the possibility of them not getting along. In that case I will remove the multicolor, easy peasy. My rocks are pretty easy to remove, as they are glued to a thick acrylic base and I have no sand.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All dwarf angels are closely related. Multicolor and venustus are members of different complexes as well.

What was an after though was that both angels have somewhat similar colors around the head. Regardless, the rest of the fish are both different. I 100% plan to try this, even with the possibility of them not getting along. In that case I will remove the multicolor, easy peasy. My rocks are pretty easy to remove, as they are glued to a thick acrylic base and I have no sand.
Actually there is enough genetic difference to warrant their being placed in seperate genera. Centropyge for multifasciata and Paracentropyge for venusta. Despite that, they are still related close enough to warrant caution when adding a new one to an established one, especially in a tank as small as a 40g

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back