image.jpeg image.jpeg
Hard working Lifereef filter system

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, now that you have all 3 types of lighting, which type of lighting (or combination of types) is your favorite for viewing your corals/aquarium?

I'm curious as I just received a 24" Hamilton fixture (with x4 T5 and x1 Halide) and a 24" reefbrite to attach to the side like you have. Now waiting for the other reefbrite (both actinics like yours I believe). I haven't viewed this lighting over a tank yet as I just received the tank it will be used on, 93gal cube. Thanks for any input!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard question. I don't really like the look with just the T5s, but that's partly because of the combo I'm running with the Radiums. I'm running Blue + and actinics to complement the Radiums. Radiums only run 4 hours presently, haven't tried the MH and ReefBrites without the T5s. I really like the 4 hours that the MH and T5s are on just for viewing the tank overall, but after they have gone off and the only thing left on is the RB the tank and corals look like something out of the movie Avatar, and I have the dual controller for the RB that I can hardly wait to get set up on the apex that will dim the RB which I think is going to make everything look even better. I know you are going to love this trifecta its going to satisfy all your taste buds good luck and happy reefing

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's what I like to hear! If you have a moment, would you mind posting a link to this RB dual controller that can work on the Apex (or just lmk if it's on the RB site)? I'd love to be able to dim them up/down for sunset & sundown. Love the Avatar comment, that's a really good comparison. After running just LEDs, I really miss that pop from the corals after the MHs went off and the moonlights went on

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They(the dual and single) are only mentioned on the site no pictures, I would just give them a call

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam's a cool dude. I've ordered multiple times from him.

Hard to read the bags. What all did you get?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice frags!

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev, cant wait till they grow out. trying to stay on top of Alk Po4 And no3. Po4 =0 no3=1, the latter concerns me, don't want corals going pale on me with my Alk @ 9-10 DKH. Increased feeding fish more, trying to raise my no3 a bit

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back