The Black pearl/ Reef Savvy 240

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the idea for hanging the scrubber. Simple and effective! Algae still going strong? Rest of the livestock is awesome.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, yes the scrubber is amazing, mat is becoming really thick after the first cleaning. One of my favorite purchases, somtimes I go a week or more without running the skimmer

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few new acquisitions clamtastic

IMG_8819.JPG

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_8735.JPG

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will like it. It's growing thick 3D mats of algae, easy to clean and loads of tech support from Bud

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT list
Timnicki Wrasse
Lavender Tang
Naso Tang
Achilles Tang
Chevron Tang
Blotchy Antheias
All in QT at present
Already have three tangs in DT. Hope when I add all the rest at the same time it will decrease the aggression!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the lavander and chevron fighting? I only ask cause I put a chevron and kole tang together and they battled till I egg crated them apart

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lavender was the last to go in QT and I had to do the same thing with the eggcrate the first night. The lavender is staying out of everybody way. The Achilles was the one most upset by the addition, he got upset with them all even thought he was very tolerant of the Naso and the Chevron. They had been in QT for about 6 weeks together

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have been separated since Black Friday so I think I could remove the egg crate now? I'm scared as I'm not home for 13 hours a day and wouldn't be able to step in so to say if there were problems
Each does have there own veggie clip
Awesome build by the way

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, there be squabbles and the severity will not be determine until the barrier is removed and hierarchy is determined LOL, I was at work the next day and I had really expected the lavender to be beat all up but fortunately he wasn't. when I'm not medicating the QT I have a large rock and some pvc pipe for hiding places, which I know helps because that where the lavender hangs out,close to his hiding place, so provide him a place to hide and hopefully his survival instincts will keep him in one piece until they decide they can tolerate each others existence. Sometimes it just doesn't work, I had to remove a Clown tang that just hated himself and everybody else. Good luck

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea clown tangs are punks
See i had all the hiding places but it was a new tang to chevy so he was running scared and kole was tail slapping him. It is truly interesting to see them "fight" but I don't like it as I don't want to see any harm
Thanks for ur input I think I'm going to try it Tom as I have bulked up Chevy and he is now used to his new home

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timnicki Wrasse Out of QT and into the DT wish I could get a better pic. Colors are very different, sort of a soft pastel pinks light blues and dark blues, tail looks iridescent

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8887.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back