OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost our original Purple Monster mini colony after the seal fail debacle in May of 2015 when a stylophora colony fell over on it in our frag tank. Of all the corals that we lost during the 15 months in temporary housing, this one was the hardest.
Here's a pic of the coral (3.5" and 4 years growth):

Since then, we have been searching for a replacement frag and finally found not 1, but 2 nice sized ones from @uniquecorals. To say we are ecstatic is an understatement! Now let the growing begin!!!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got lucky last night and snagged a shot of one of our 2 new paracheilinus octotaenia (Eightline flasher wrasses):

And a shot of the tiny, new C. earlei:

We originally acquired two of the Earl's, but the larger one came in with a damaged swim bladder. I managed to keep him alive for over 2 months and had hoped he would improve enough to keep him in our refugium or 30g nano, but it wasn't meant to be :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also is there a reason you choose Tunze over other pumps? I like Tunze, Gyre, Vortech, Neptune so just wondering!

OP
OP
Mike&Terry

Mike&Terry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already beautiful in such a short time!
Thank You Rev! The past 4 months have both blown by and seemed to take forever if that makes any sense! The devastating injuries my dad suffered from his fall at the end of August and subsequent passing in October put our reef on the back burner for a while...

Also is there a reason you choose Tunze over other pumps? I like Tunze, Gyre, Vortech, Neptune so just wondering!
We've been using Tunze pumps for many, many years. They are very reliable and we like the flexibility of being able to aim them in any direction. And on the rare occasion we've had an issue with a pump, customer service has been Fantastic.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've been using Tunze pumps for many, many years. They are very reliable and we like the flexibility of being able to aim them in any direction. And on the rare occasion we've had an issue with a pump, customer service has been Fantastic.

Great pumps for sure and I agree!

Back