OP
M

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build so far. Glad to see another new tank with halides. They are making a slow comeback IMO.

That Giesemann fixture is pure sexy. Best looking halide fixture out.

Thanks! I have wanted a spectra for awhile. I almost got one before for my last build. These fixtures are awesome! I agree, no one can touch the giesemann quality in any other halide fixture. I'm going back to halides because I have had some of the best looking tanks with them. I'm not dogging any other types of lighting, but for me they just work great! I'm glad people are getting back into them as well, don't want to see them fade out and disappear. The T5s will add that needed boost during sun up, sun down phases.
I will also be adding some led strips for that exta pop.

lyrical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is our new color laminated CL-44 Sump that I will be using on this build.

red-black%20SS44_zpsfwdooj31.jpg

I ordered this one and the matching ATO. I can't wait to get it :) Please build it nice for me :)

I love your stand that looks so cool. If I ever upgrade my tank I'm going to look into this. Following along!

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the alpha 170 and not the omega 180, way better product for less $$
also would look alot more mac daddy in that system

I have the Alpha 170 already on my current tank and will be transferring it over. The 170 is a great skimmer and should be able to keep up, but I will more than likely be upgrading to a new skimmer. So the Omega 180i or the Alpha 200 will be one I consider.

I ordered this one and the matching ATO. I can't wait to get it :) Please build it nice for me :)

I love your stand that looks so cool. If I ever upgrade my tank I'm going to look into this. Following along!

You will be very happy with this setup! The Sump is nice! ATO is the icing on the cake!

OP
OP
M

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a chance to get the light fixture hung. Still have to add the led strips to it before the final hanging. Everything is lining up nicely.

20151129_200412_zpsqwl0dxou.jpg

Had to make my own cables that were 6 foot long. Stock hanging wire was only 5 feet. I wanted that extra wiggle room to allow for some fine tuning on the 30" deep tank.

20151129_200251_zpsona3cllv.jpg

20151129_200231_zps6vzf5enb.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang I love this!

Fishlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both. Just depends on the price of the lengths. Sometimes it's less for the pre cut sometimes the longer lengths are. But shipping on longer lengths can be more aslo. I use a radial arm miter saw with a standard blade to get nice smooth cuts when I do cut it.

How do you calculate how many cross bars or thickness required to support the weight of your tank ?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back