This girl’s 310g peninsula dream tank with fish room!

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uggghhh, because it’s 2020 and I apparently have the worst luck ever, today I noticed what appears to be air bubbles in the silicone that weren’t there before. The LFS I bought the tank from has contacted the dealer to see what they think but it doesn’t seem like a good thing to me. And to top it off since we built our own stand the tank only came with a 90 day warranty. If the tank isn’t safe, not sure what we’ll do. I’m not looking forward to shelling out more money but I don’t want to break it down either. I knew about the 90 day warranty when we chose to build our own stand but I did expect the tank to last at least a year. I’m hoping they’ll at least offer a discount on a replacement. Not to mention swapping a 310 gallon tank sounds like a nightmare.

44F910B7-2B57-4646-837B-E3486B75D693.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so sorry to see this..horrible ,hope you can work with them ,magic marker bubbles keep close eye on :( jmo ,that is poor workmanship,looks like bubbles coming from outside to inside,wonder if there is a way to inject seal if possible? @Joe Glass Cages ?? possible?..best wishes ..keep us posted

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 2020 FTS - fallow period over, and fish are in! (stand and canopy still a work in progress)

Current fish list: 1 Hippo Tang, 1 Whitetail Bristletooth Tang, 1 Starry Blenny, 1 Flame Angel

IMG_2027.JPG
The tanks looking very nice so far and what a great build thread, especially the carpentry skills!

Sorry to hear about the recent potential problem, and I hope it gets sorted out for you.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uggghhh, because it’s 2020 and I apparently have the worst luck ever, today I noticed what appears to be air bubbles in the silicone that weren’t there before. The LFS I bought the tank from has contacted the dealer to see what they think but it doesn’t seem like a good thing to me. And to top it off since we built our own stand the tank only came with a 90 day warranty. If the tank isn’t safe, not sure what we’ll do. I’m not looking forward to shelling out more money but I don’t want to break it down either. I knew about the 90 day warranty when we chose to build our own stand but I did expect the tank to last at least a year. I’m hoping they’ll at least offer a discount on a replacement. Not to mention swapping a 310 gallon tank sounds like a nightmare.

44F910B7-2B57-4646-837B-E3486B75D693.jpeg

if need stock tubs,brutes,i'm about 2 hrs away from STL:)
Oh no :( I hope TCR can get the manufacturer to help. So sorry!
I’m also really close. I have couple brutes but I also have 300g round stock tank if you need it. It’s been outside so it needs a good scrubbing. I can get it cleaned up if you need it. Just don’t have a way to get it to you in my small SUV and no tow hitch.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so sorry to see this..horrible ,hope you can work with them ,magic marker bubbles keep close eye on :( jmo ,that is poor workmanship,looks like bubbles coming from outside to inside,wonder if there is a way to inject seal if possible? @Joe Glass Cages ?? possible?..best wishes ..keep us posted
@LovesDogs_CatsRokay I am so sorry that you have this going on right now. Glad to see the support. I agree, doesn't look good. if the bubbles were not there and now they appear, then the could be separating at the seam. Let us know if you need help. we will support you as well.

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Now that I'm seeing the area in they daylight, I notice that I can't see the spots at all unless I shine a flashlight on them. I guess the room being dark and the light from the fish tank made them much easier to see yesterday evening. It makes me think that maybe they've been there longer than I thought. But it still seems like I would have noticed before now if they had been there the entire time.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i really don't want to be a debbie downer here ,watch closely..every day few times a day,look for more or growth..hate to say:(potential corner blow out:(i;m sorry ,not to freak you out ,just be aware:)hoping for best;)

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news! They're going to replace the tank! Bad news! 5 week production time. LFS thinks they might have a stock tank I can borrow for temporary housing. The worst part is that my SPS were finally starting to take off. I just know the stress of this is going to kill them all, and i'll be starting back over. 2020 ruins everything.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no worries,great news,plenty of time to plan,lots of work :( best part is they replaced the tank:cool:2021 just around the corner ,IT WILL GET BETTER:)

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transferred all the rock and coral and fish into two stock tanks. Drained about 2/3 of the water. Going to finish removing it and the sand tomorrow. Will probably rinse the sand really well and store it in buckets to reuse. I still can’t believe this is actually happening.

EDC082A2-2623-47CE-9BD0-80B499365C89.jpeg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Holy cow! Did you not have support directly under the load? Screws were taking all the weight? Looks like you were able to salvage the tank which is good.
yep and they were cut too..but after about 40hrs 10 being driving ,eh it'll be ok til morn :rolleyes: 10 min ,cost me week or so:rolleyes::)

OP
OP
LovesDogs_CatsRokay

LovesDogs_CatsRokay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My male anthias died last night. I think spinal injury as he was swimming vertically a lot. Also discovered my desjardini tang has disappeared. I saw him a couple days ago. Now he’s gone. He was in the tub without the coral so it was easy to move the rocks around. No sign of him. Not sure what happened because there aren’t that many crabs in the tubs to have eaten him already. These tubs suck. It’s so hard to see the fish looking top down. I can’t tell if they’re all eating and I can’t even tell for sure if all the fish are in there at any given time. On the good side, my coral are doing great. Even the SPS. They’re doing better than they were in the tank actually. I’ve have my DOS hooked up to the coral tub and have it changing 10 gallons of water a day. Despite that’s phosphates are at .4 but the coral look great. I guess that’s all I can ask for given the circumstances.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back