Status
Not open for further replies.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.S. awful cute to come in and troll...
Just messing with you for messing with me lol. Not a lot of work ethic out there today for any kind of manual work. Hard to believe you can't get young people for $44 an hour unless it is a dead end very hard labor type of job. Maybe it is the hours though.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just messing with you for messing with me lol. Not a lot of work ethic out there today for any kind of manual work. Hard to believe you can't get young people for $44 an hour unless it is a dead end very hard labor type of job. Maybe it is the hours though.
My son in law can't find interested or qualified persons for entry level engineering at aerospace company. Starting salary is 80k for qualified applicants. He just hired a kid graduating college with engineering degree for 120k a year to start. No one wants to work. It's a 9 to 5 job also with weekends and holidays off good benefits.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son in law can't find interested or qualified persons for entry level engineering at aerospace company. Starting salary is 80k for qualified applicants. He just hired a kid graduating college with engineering degree for 120k a year to start. No one wants to work. It's a 9 to 5 job also with weekends and holidays off good benefits.
You said he just hired someone though, so what's the problem? I don't get it.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I were qualified... I don't get it.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anybody keep a public track of prices of some of the more classic "named" corals from multiple vendors? If not camelcamelcamel, maybe coralcoralcoral?

I saw today that new england power suppliers looking to up rates 20%+ this winter (seeking 40% in MA). As several in this thread have alluded to, hard to figure out to what extent this is operating expense increase vs black-friday shadiness without having some kind of historical reference.

This is a little complicated, as some things get a whole lot rarer as time goes on, fads change, some coral "strains" seem to expire. And certainly the cost of growing corals has gone up and up and up. Supply and demand is a real factor.

I remember how everyone was flabbergasted at a frag of Tyree Purple Monster costing $50 back in 1999. And now I just paid 10x that for a frag of it lol.

That being said, I still sell Vivid Rainbow Delight for $35, and GARF Bonsai for $25 when I have it available. Might be even cheaper than they started at...

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I were qualified... I don't get it.
They even offer training so it's not like you have to have a packed resume to apply. No one is applying. My kid just started college and during senior night at the soccer match I listened to the degrees the seniors were graduating with and thought what in the world are you going to use that for and almost everyone of them said they were going to do world travel upon graduating. I'm thinking to myself, you probably don't even have a job. You have a worthless degree that cost 250k and you think you are just going to pack up and go on a world travel vacation for an extended period of time but this is the mindset of today.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said he just hired someone though, so what's the problem? I don't get it.
When you are trying to fill multiple positions and no one is applying or those that do don't even meet the minimum standards to apply it is difficult to maintain an effective business. Other posters have already mentioned this as well. The country was built on the backs of hard working blue collar workers. We have lost our way now.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are trying to fill multiple positions and no one is applying or those that do don't even meet the minimum standards to apply it is difficult to maintain an effective business. Other posters have already mentioned this as well. The country was built on the backs of hard working blue collar workers. We have lost our way now.
Send me that application. I can do that for 110k

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread appears to have run its course and has now been locked. The staff will discuss and decide if the thread will be opened back up. Thanks for the lively discussion. If you have specific questions or concerns feel free to reach out to me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 77 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.7%
Back