Times have changed - Very disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with that. Store manager in California maybe 100K.
That's literally what the people who are complaining posted about. Literally a management job in California for 100k and they are angry about that. While also complaining about not being able to hire people. It's hysterical honestly.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries! I think we can all agree that this thread isn't a fit in the SPS coral forum. For clarification, this thread hasn't been moved out of view, but has been moved to a seemingly more appropriate area.
Effectively the thread is out of view as you won't see it from the landing (home) page, thus it will languish in the lounge and slowly die. I get it, it's what it is...

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral vendors a week before black friday:

lol-yolo.gif

Coral vendors on black friday:

gordon-gecko-gecko.gif

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with that. Store manager in California maybe 100K.

We do need to change our attitude about these jobs though. Unfortunately cute high school girls aren't doing them like they did in the 80's, ah the good old days. I did my fast food time and HATED it. I am not cut out for the restaurant jobs although plop my 80's self in one today and I would be considered a superstar. I got teased my entire life till my Dad died for getting fired from McDonalds. I didn't want to cut my long feathered hair in the 80's lol - no hair now.
You got fired from McDonalds, unreal, lol. I was fortunate, no fast food tour of duty. I worked in grandpa's machine shop, sweeping the floors and all the other menial task of the day. I think I still have metal in my hands 30+ years later

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got fired from McDonalds, unreal, lol. I was fortunate, no fast food tour of duty. I worked in grandpa's machine shop, sweeping the floors and all the other menial task of the day. I think I still have metal in my hands 30+ years later
Yeah they fired people in the 80's for anything they wanted to. My hair was not approved of and it wasn't even down to my shoulders. No blue hair or piercing or tattoos allowed back then either. The US still had some class. Man I still get metal splinters doing my job and those are the worst!!! Why does a tiny sliver of metal hurt so bad! So hard to find too till you barely touch something and that tiny sliver catches.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You telling me 44$+ a hour isn't enough + health and welfare, for skilled labor? I competitively bid jobs, my labor cost are factored in. I pay union wages due to prevailing wage laws in my state.

BWAHAHAHA.... Seriously my man, you made me laugh. I have guys now that do just fine but are aging out. Trying to teach another generation is the issue, youngsters don't wanna do blue collar work.
This is exactly it

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember working at the gas station and this car pulled in with all the hot girls from my high school and being a shy kid I was so embarrassed trying to talk to them as I got the gas, checked the tires and oil, wiped the windows etc.... I was so nervous I forgot to put their oil cap back on the valve cover as they headed off to the beach. I'm sure most of you know what happened to the cars engine. Boss wasn't happy This was where I made my move to the burger shack and ended up meeting my first wife there....lol

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wonder why people won't work for you.
Well all my work is done over a cold brew at the pub with all the other retired guys. Where everybody knows your name and their always glad you came. We get a lot of work done there to and quite a bit of biceps fitness training as well. I'm 58, retired 3 years ago after 40 total years of work.

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen what's going on and have been tracking various vendors to try to stick with one or two as there are so many out there.
For me- NONE !!! I will buy from private parties or patiently wait for other RAP and MACNA shows.
Over the last 18 weeks, prices have gone up 36-39% with certain vendors (cant say names) and THESE SO CALLED BLACK FRIDAY AND XMAS DEALS are a joke- prices have jumped to as much as 50%.
MERRY XMAS TO THE VENDORS BECAUSE ITS NOT US !!
BE CAREFUL FOLKS AND NOT JUMP ON SOMETHING VIA IMPULSE BUT SHOP CAREFULLY. These 10%-20% off are merely off increased prices- Such a Shame !!

I owned an LFS and realize mark-up, profit margins and expenses but would not do this to my customers who work hard for their money. Very disappointed (but not fooled)
What's outrageous is how much the same coral at a big name vendor is vs a no name vendor. I haven't checked out the sales yet but I really hope there's someone out there.

FreeEnergyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple answer to most of this...stop buying it. Blaming 'greedy corporations' is a nice tagline, but ultimately, most of the business here are small 'mom and pop' hobbyist who have had success and made a business out of it. Their costs have gone up so too. If you think that some of the vendors here are price gouging, dont buy. It is pure economics at play here...pricing will be what the market will bear. and if the consumer is willing to pay more, the seller is going to be willing to increase their prices.

sorry..I hope you dont think of this as an attack. I promise you it is not meant to be. But there are some real issues at play here that extend beyond someone taking advantage of people in this industry..which to be honest, is a luxury industry.
That's exactly right if everyone would stop paying those bs prices they would drop until they started selling again and then that's where they would stay. I do disagree on the luxury industry title. We have to be able to think of something better

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, we all weren't given a job by our uncle... Could it be you have trouble hiring and keeping people because - you.
I have great job retention If that's what your asking. I can't give a job offer to someone who doesn't meet fairly simple requirements. Or walks away after I lay out the hours of availability desired (not required) for the position. Or is not willing to learn the skillet required for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back