Status
Not open for further replies.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should open up a national aquarium distributorship that sells everything at half price. Think of how easily you'll put them out of business! Just make sure you spend the time and money to create instructional videos for YouTube every single day, I mean, how hard could that be, amirite?

I hate allowing myself to be sucked into these idiotic internet arguments where the poster contributes nothing to the industry being discussed -- but has the luxury of sitting back and criticizing the efforts of all the people who make his hobby possible. The hypocrisy abounds.

Poster: "I want the money in my pocket" = Righteous
Seller: "I want the money in my pocket" = Greed! Gouging!

So, in the name of celebrating unofficial upgrade day and sharing your passion for the hobby, let us know when your profit-free distributorship gets up and running. I'm sure volunteers will flock to the venture and work for free because passion.

Oy. I'll delete this as soon as my disgust wears off.
We'll just keep this here... thanks.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managers. Shouldn't managers make some money? How much do you think they deserve?
You start with fries, then get promoted to burgers 6 months later and 6 months after that you are the night shift manager of taco bell making 100k a year. That GED sure paid off.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You start with fries, then get promoted to burgers 6 months later and 6 months after that you are the night shift manager of taco bell making 100k a year. That GED sure paid off.
Sounds so easy even you could do it. Go for it boss.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, it makes me think of this classic...

9e34c856-dda7-477a-b4b4-d10f3f723f51_text.gif
That's hilarious but that concept is still in play. These jobs used to be for high school and college kids to make a few bucks while they went to school but now there is a generational movement trying to make them full time career fields to support a family of 4 and a new house. As the OP stated Times Have Changed

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's hilarious but that concept is still in play. These jobs used to be for high school and college kids to make a few bucks while they went to school but now there is a generational movement trying to make them full time career fields to support a family of 4 and a new house. As the OP stated Times Have Changed
When did high-school kids become managers of the fast food restaurants?

Last edited by a moderator:

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a local mom and pop shop that catered to fishing. Every Black Friday they'd raise their prices by 20% then drop it 50%. Told store owner such and he just grinned. This was early 80s. Nothing new about being greedy. Just best to be an educated consumer. At a minimum, you'll know it's not the sweet deal you thought but still might be better than you thought. Still rather shameful that Greed thinks all that dumb. Unfortunately, if most weren't, then perhaps Greed wouldn't try taking advantage :confused:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Young folks work? Like jobs and not being 'influencers'? Preposterous! My side hustle business, I can't hire to save my life, it's blue collar mechanical work and I'll train ya. Pays 40+$ a hour, but getting someone to show up to interview and pass a drug test is hell.

I'm drifting hard off point, but I get where your coming from.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Young folks work? Like jobs and not being 'influencers'? Preposterous! My side hustle business, I can't hire to save my life, it's blue collar mechanical work and I'll train ya. Pays 40+$ a hour, but getting someone to show up to interview and pass a drug test is hell.

Increase prices and pay more? Like everyone else is doing. I don't understand how this is a difficult concept.

SouthwestAquaculture

Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be considered- there are coupon codes out there but the question is 15% off of what pricing. . . .. Everyday pricing or the ones just increased before coupon went out.
I literally just posted about this deceptive pricing strategy in our Facebook group last night after cruising the web looking at Black Friday sales. I then proceeded to feel a bit of embarrassment after doing so. Why? Because I hated the feeling that I had to call out vendors in order to show our group members that we actually have very fair consistent pricing and REAL discounts.

It's frustrating to see customers blinded by the big names, and sexy marketing that may only net them 5-10% savings when we're actually on average giving 40-50% off. Right now everything is on sale on our site and on top of that there's a R2R code (R2R30) for an additional -30% off. No inflation before sale price and no gimmicks! The thread is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...rags-with-code-r2r30-expires-sun-20th.948752/

Our motivation for these sales is to promote growth and more importantly generate true excitement for holiday sales because I believe that's what it should be about...the hobbyist still lives within. Now here I am again feeling guilty for posting for fear that some may think self promotion is behind my comments. But it's not. It's to bring awareness to the fact that there are indeed companies and owners out there with a moral compass, and they enjoy the hobby as much as you do.

We are here today, support us so that we are here tomorrow and into the future. Together we can change the landscape of our beloved hobby.

- Shane.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stop testing for weed lol

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate allowing myself to be sucked into these idiotic internet arguments where the poster contributes nothing to the industry being discussed -- but has the luxury of sitting back and criticizing the efforts of all the people who make his hobby possible. The hypocrisy abounds.

Poster: "I want the money in my pocket" = Righteous
Seller: "I want the money in my pocket" = Greed! Gouging!

So, in the name of celebrating unofficial upgrade day and sharing your passion for the hobby, let us know when your profit-free distributorship gets up and running. I'm sure volunteers will flock to the venture and work for free because passion.

Oy. I'll delete this as soon as my disgust wears off.
1668968167586.gif
I don’t think @vetteguy53081 owns one anymore, but didn’t they manage a fish store before?

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funnily enough, when your parents (or you, depending on how old you are) were kids, a man working a 9-5 at a factory doing unskilled labor could buy a house and support a family of 4 with nothing more than a middle school education.

as far as making a few bucks while at school, and if you want to make this a generational thing, blame the boomers for hiking up the cost of college 500% and making a degree necessary for all white-collar jobs.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managers. Shouldn't managers make some money? How much do you think they deserve?
Not a 100k. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Maybe 60-70k if they hit there numbers.

Half these posts you can tell yall make bank and have never hired anyone from the bottom.

Reminds me of that house hunter people. “Hi were Sherri and John” “ our budget for our home is $1.2 million”:grinning-face-with-sweat:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
funnily enough, when your parents (or you, depending on how old you are) were kids, a man working a 9-5 at a factory doing unskilled labor could buy a house and support a family of 4 with nothing more than a middle school education.

as far as making a few bucks while at school, and if you want to make this a generational thing, blame the boomers for hiking up the cost of college 500% and making a degree necessary for all white-collar jobs.
Then you get the flip side of it, I'm offering blue collar work at 6 figure a year wages and I can't hire for squat. Young folks don't wanna do 'hard work' but they want the money. Again we're steering off topic.

HomebroodExotics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a 100k. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Maybe 60-70k if they hit there numbers.

Half these posts you can tell yall make bank and have never hired anyone from the bottom.

Reminds me of that house hunter people. “Hi were Sherri and John” “ our budget for our home is $1.2 million”:grinning-face-with-sweat:
So the entire problem with the world is that managers want to make 30k more than you think they should? Makes a lot of sense. I'm starting to see why yall have trouble hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back