OP
Toche

Toche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it really difficult getting any real useful information on the detailed dimensions, all I could find was footprint and height and then someone had done some slightly better dimension on a photo, but nothing to really help me.
20200930_095859.jpg

Hanging is the best approach, thanks again for the info. I have been able to work out my sump design now, so another step closer to the end goal.
No problem, always happy to help if I can. Really like the build you’ve got going so far

OP
OP
Toche

Toche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the Avast Marine plank auto feeder set up today, seems to be working really well and the fish are taking well to the new food. Using a combo of freeze dried mysis and some two little fishes algae flakes. I ended up using a wifi controllable plug from amazon which has worked really well. I can set as many on off cycles as I could need and have them set to 1 minute intervals which is what avast recommends.
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain the controllable wifi plug please. What part does it play with the auto feeder?
Looks like someone has given this product some thought and produced something innovative.

OP
OP
Toche

Toche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you explain the controllable wifi plug please. What part does it play with the auto feeder?
Looks like someone has given this product some thought and produced something innovative.
So with this feeder it has two plugs. One plug controls a small pump inside the tube that goes into the water. That pump circulates water inside the tube to force the food to become rehydrated before letting it go into the tank so the food doesn't float on the surface of the water. The other plug controls the corkscrew inside the feeder which slowly turns and pushes food out, this is where the wifi controller comes in. You can set times for the feeder to come on and run for about a minute which so far seems to be a long enough time for the corkscrew to make a few rotations and distribute a decent amount of food.

Haven't seen anything else on the market like it so far. I really like the idea of having the food go down into the water rather than having it dumped on the surface and having to use one of those feeding rings to keep it from going down the overflow. Plus freeze dried food is much cheaper than frozen which has been my primary food for quite some time.

I took a closer pic of it, you can kinda see the water swirling in the top of the tube from the pump. Just ignore the tank's filthy-ness, haha.
IMG_0871.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back