Treating With Vitamin C

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume for the amino acids you just get some general, full spectrum pill? I was looking online and the pills do seem like a better deal then the "aquarium supplements" that are out there. I can get 250-1000mg pills for like $15.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well been dosing for 4 days now. But today my water looks all cloudy??? Going to stop dosing for a day and see if it clears up. Anyone else experiencing cloudy water???

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cloudy water does NOT sound good!

I dosed Reef Plus for the first time today, to early to give you an answer.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything seems fine just cloudy water not too cloudy but you can tell it's not clear today. The skimmer seems to act the same. Going to do a water change tonight just to be safe.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i didn't dose yesterday and the water is cleared up now. I'm going to does again today but cut down to 250mg.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you will see much of a difference at that dosage. I've backed down from 2000mg 2x/day to 1000mg 2x/day to see if things stay as good as they have.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i think the people with 90-100 gals are dosing the 500mg or 1000mg. I have a 20gal and was dosing 500mg but it clouded up the water so cut back to 250mg. Cleared up some but still can tell it's not as clear so i've stopped dosing for 2 days now.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this is still so experimental, there is no "general" rule. I have been dosing 2000mg morning & 2000mg night for around a 100g system. After dosing 1000mg as often for a week, I didn't see much difference. I do not believe the cloudiness experienced by Hypertek99, was caused by dosing the Vit C. Are you sure that is all that is in the pill you are using? What source does the vit come from? Mine comes from rose hips.

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep i bought the spring valley brand it says Natural vitamin C with Rose Hips. It's in a green bottle with a yellow top. Well the tank has nothing new in it just the vitamin c so i think it had to be the vitamin. It's weird the first few days nothing then all of a sudden cloudy??? But it's clearing up now going to start dosing again in a few days and we'll find out if it is the vitamin c

AquaGrizzly

Member of the IRP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a week of dosing with no real drastic improvements or declines...I decided to stop dosing a couple days ago. I did start dosing Iodine at that time. I used the drops per day method not the cap full per week. The zoas started opening up a lot more than any of the other dosing methods. I do a 10% water change weekly. I think the heavy load of zoas and other corals that use up iodine I have...uses up the iodine faster so it needs to be replaced quicker, just like a tank full of SPSs, clams, etc. uses calcium. Just my 2 cents. Don't want to get slammed for something that I'm not 100% on that's why I Bolded, Underlined, and Italiced. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and someone please correct me.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have a valid thought there aqua, i have noticed a bit of iodine every now and then helps my zoos too.

I dont think too much slamming goes on around here, no worries.

kenske

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have a valid thought there aqua, i have noticed a bit of iodine every now and then helps my zoos too.

I dont think too much slamming goes on around here, no worries.

i do not post much, but i am here everyday. I agree that i haven't seen any slamming occurring at this site. So far, there is not one single post by any Mods at this site that ticks me off. I also do not get a feeling that the Mods here feel or act that they r better than all the other members around here. I can't stand most Mods in other sites. This is one of the friendliest board i've come across.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Iodine? I have Lugol's & would have to be very careful about dosing, as it is quite concentrated. I'm still dosing 2000mg Vit C 2x/day & everything still looks great--no adverse effects either. Sorry you didn't have the same sucess. I was hoping someone else would prove this isn't just a coincidence.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious as to how much C you were using for how long? At 1000mg (2x/day), after 1 wk I only saw a little difference--enough though, to double it & saw great results after another week of 2000mg (2x/day).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back