OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a few new frag racks today. I'm tired of egg crate being so unfriendly for snails. Hopefully they will actually climb on these racks and clean them up at least a little bit. If they don't, at least these will be easier to clean.

photo 1 (2).jpg
photo 2 (2).jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE JOB bud, they look much much better than the egg crate and won't adversely affect flow nearly as much either. So..... did you drill out each piece independently or stack them to do it only once :doh:

​Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE JOB bud, they look much much better than the egg crate and won't adversely affect flow nearly as much either. So..... did you drill out each piece independently or stack them to do it only once :doh:

​Cheers, Todd
I piloted the four and then used my router to drill the four to the final size separately. I am much happier now.

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice FTS and your sure know how to grow SPS and take pics. I have a lot to learn from you. I just bought a Canon T5i for my wife. When I come over to drool over your amazing tank maybe I could get a couple tips and tricks lesson with the cam. I seen you had the T4i. I will have to let your skills test it out T5i and see if it was worth spending the extra money. I thought about getting the T4i. Keep up the amazing work.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice FTS and your sure know how to grow SPS and take pics. I have a lot to learn from you. I just bought a Canon T5i for my wife. When I come over to drool over your amazing tank maybe I could get a couple tips and tricks lesson with the cam. I seen you had the T4i. I will have to let your skills test it out T5i and see if it was worth spending the extra money. I thought about getting the T4i. Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks for the kind words. Just let me know when you want to come over and definitely bring your camera. I took some top downs yesterday and due to the Seattle heat I'm surfing the web instead of yard work for a few hours. Chinook Salmon Season opened in a local river today so I spent a few hours with Todd (TJ's Reef) to see if we could catch one or two but instead we only fished.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, the only photoshop Ive done lately is crop a few pictures in Light room. I have the WB set on my camera well enough that altering them in light room only screws them up.
June top downs-8388.jpg
IMG_8371.jpg
IMG_8384.jpg
IMG_8390.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great shots Duane, may have to borrow yours or make my own photo tube for my camera to take better quality 'Top Downs'. I did not make it to my yard for work either, instead went tank shopping with Eric and Becca..... lol

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be good to see them back in the hobby. I don't blame them for taking a break. You can borrow my top down portal any time. Actually, I have material here for you to make one.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a coulple months since my last update. I had to frag my six birdsnest corals again to make some swim room for the tangs. I've recently added a fourth Evergrow over the display tank to help brighten up a couple darker spots under my cross braces. Things are growing as well as I can expect.
July NSR PS-9557.jpg
cropped more-9560.jpg
July NSR PS-9565.jpg
July NSR PS-9574.jpg
July NSR PS-9578.jpg

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was bummed that I couldnt host the BBQ, at the same time I was releived that Todd and Gina were doing all the work of hosting it. I''ve hosted events here before, I'll do it again.

I suppose I should add again. These photos are not color enhanced at all. A few have been cropped. That is all.

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 165 73.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back