trouble with Android Apex app

AcroholicReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
type 192.168.1.1 in your internet browser to get access to modify your router. I use a netgear router and it is super easy.

Look for a port forwarding or triggering option inside your router.

Once you find that option, find the address for your apex. Some are 192.168.1.50 but yours could be different. Enter port 80 as your external starting port and port 80 as you external ending port. Also, select TCP as the Protocol.

Then find your ip address. This is located in the status section of your router. Use this address and the port to access your apex.

Example: 69.123.123.123:80

OP
OP
foxhuntr

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i tried the ones on the user guide and none of them are free.....dyndns charges $30 a month for the standard.....i also went into my router and there is no port forwarding or triggering options.....am i missing something here ???? i called verizon which is my provider and they wanna charge me $20 a month to help me

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, they used to be free. I paid the $30 a year for the paid option a while back so once my year is up, I'll probably have to start paying. Do a google search for free dns and that may work

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I was reading, some people are having issues like these with the latest update. Contact HeneryH on RC: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2092209

i tried the ones on the user guide and none of them are free.....dyndns charges $30 a month for the standard.....i also went into my router and there is no port forwarding or triggering options.....am i missing something here ???? i called verizon which is my provider and they wanna charge me $20 a month to help me

Mine is still free. I used the home option. Are you sure you are not trying to add features that cost money?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a google search for free DNS servers and came up with freedns.afraid.org

I tried it out with my apex, and it worked fine. I'm also using it for my webcam hosting and seems to be trouble free.

dallas reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all mine setup thru dyndns and it's still spotty. I have a 2wire. With wnce2001.

I'm sure it's an easy fix

Back