vlamingi tang

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sick little fish can someone point me in the right direction to treat the fish.
4117f6352f9eb4203775f9eac0d182cd.jpg

OP
OP
A

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had him almost two years he was in a 220 we moved and he has been in a 150 wating for my new 320 gallon tank that come end of the month

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an eye infection- I would treat with furan 2, metro, and kanaplex in a quarantine. Tell us about symptoms?

OP
OP
A

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gone for 2 weeks on vacation and got home really late last night and noticed it this morning. All i see is the eye is completely covered not sure how long its been that way it was fine 2 weeks ago when i left the fish is still eating its aim is off a litte. It is in a tank where i can just treat it. I have other fish in their to would it be fine to treat them with it to

OP
OP
A

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an eye infection- I would treat with furan 2, metro, and kanaplex in a quarantine. Tell us about symptoms?
All i have is pimafix melafix and prazipro would any of this help or get the other stuff you said

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All i have is pimafix melafix and prazipro would any of this help or get the other stuff you said
No I would try the three antibiotics for the best chance at recovery

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to be sure this is an infection and not flukes in the eye (just one eye, correct?)

See below for comparison purposes, especially the first pic. Do any of these look similar to what you are seeing?

Diplostomum_spathaceum.jpg
asfur0eye.jpg

Lpsreefer_M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tea tree oil works well for clearing up any eye infection. Few drops, also reef safe.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to be sure this is an infection and not flukes in the eye (just one eye, correct?)

See below for comparison purposes, especially the first pic. Do any of these look similar to what you are seeing?

Diplostomum_spathaceum.jpg
asfur0eye.jpg
Good point, but by the looks of it I am guessing that even if it was flukes first at this stage it's definitely going to need antibiotics. But I can't believe I missed the fact that if flukes, probably should treat for that also!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, but by the looks of it I am guessing that even if it was flukes first at this stage it's definitely going to need antibiotics. But I can't believe I missed the fact that if flukes, probably should treat for that also!

Agreed. Antibiotics will be needed no matter what. But if the fish has flukes that needs to be addressed first & foremost.

OP
OP
A

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs is letting me borrow a 55 gallon tank to put him by him self to save on meds

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's not flukes. I would treat with Kanaplex, Furan-2, Metroplex as suggested by @4FordFamily. Or Erythromycin/Minocycline combo if you can find it; that is old school Maracyn 1 & 2 but those are very useful antibiotics for eye infections.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm late to the party! I agree that's a very severely infected eye. Antibiotics are needed quickly. I hope you can save his sight in that eye. Keep us posted on his progress!

OP
OP
A

adam_Lawrence

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to a 55 by himself and treated with maracyn 2. I would like to find maracyn 1 but have to order it. I think i can get api erythromycin tomorrow would that be safe to put with the maracyn 2?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved to a 55 by himself and treated with maracyn 2. I would like to find maracyn 1 but have to order it. I think i can get api erythromycin tomorrow would that be safe to put with the maracyn 2?

They are basically the same thing as I understand it. Erythromycin is in Maracyn 1 & 2 both.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back