wanatabe angel

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With velvet it's important to start treatment asap. It's one of the few times it's less dangerous to bring the copper up to full therapeutic levels right away, than to wait and give the velvet a chance to kill more fish. It just kills so quickly. Have you read Humble's newer stickie on his method for velvet?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With velvet it's important to start treatment asap. It's one of the few times it's less dangerous to bring the copper up to full therapeutic levels right away, than to wait and give the velvet a chance to kill more fish. It just kills so quickly.

+1 When faced with velvet, sensitivity to copper is the lesser of two evils. You want to go from zero to therapeutic in 24 hrs or less. Add a little bit every 2-3 hrs to help ease the transition, and measure frequently with a test kit. With ich, you can typically take 3-4 days to get up to full therapeutic.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has on two still have 2 to get out

Not trying to put undo pressure on you, but if this is velvet you don't have that kinda time. According to my calculations, it's already been more than a week since "Patient Zero" was added.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These fish seem to be more resilient for some reason

Maybe so but they are still a carrier of it.
The minute you put some healthy fish back in the tank ****BOOM**** nothing more nothing less!!!

OP
OP
jetmaker

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK tried saltwater fishing didn't work any body know how to make a shocker to pull them to the top of the tank. Dead or alive they have to go.

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are joking.

How about pulling out the rock and using nets. It's what I had to do last week to get fish out of my 240g. Not fun, but it worked and was actually not as bad as I imagined it would be.

OP
OP
jetmaker

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are joking.

How about pulling out the rock and using nets. It's what I had to do last week to get fish out of my 240g. Not fun, but it worked and was actually not as bad as I imagined it would be.
Not joking I can make a worm shocker that will work I think.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back