Rating - 100%
1   0   0

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all respect, has this been verified in any way ? Seems to me a little far fetched.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With all respect, has this been verified in any way ? Seems to me a little far fetched.
You mean like video documentation? :D

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they lost some fish in a video, wonder if they got sucked into the overflow?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like they lost some fish in a video, wonder if they got sucked into the overflow?
That or the worms were fleeing something worse in the DT! o_O:eek:

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show of hands; how many of you were checking your overflows right this minute? :rolleyes::p

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Show of hands; how many of you were checking your overflows right this minute? :rolleyes::p
LOL! there was a few times i bled my gate valve to get the junk out, has a couple bristle worms here and there. But that video takes the cake. There had to have ben 5 pounds of bristle worms to come out of that plumbing lol!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No guys I'm just sayin. those worms obviously aren't alive. The conversation sounds like the people are shocked . However If I was pulling all those putrid ,rotten worms out of the overflows ,I'd be hacking & gagging over the smell alone ! They seem a little nonchalant about it. There is a lot of stuff out there on the net . Also with it being that clogged it would have been overflowing long before it got that bad.Just sayin.

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No guys I'm just sayin. those worms obviously aren't alive. The conversation sounds like the people are shocked . However If I was pulling all those putrid ,rotten worms out of the overflows ,I'd be hacking & gagging over the smell alone ! They seem a little nonchalant about it. There is a lot of stuff out there on the net . Just sayin.
...look at the video again, they most certainly look alive to me. :)

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! there was a few times i bled my gate valve to get the junk out, has a couple bristle worms here and there. But that video takes the cake. There had to have ben 5 pounds of bristle worms to come out of that plumbing lol!
...5lbs ground beef?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ,then why weren't they moving into the sump or where ever the drain led to, long before it got that bad ? It just looks a little too over the top to me.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok ,then why weren't they moving into the sump or where ever the drain led to, long before it got that bad ? It just looks a little too over the top to me.
My guess is that there were plenty in the DT too. The video occurs after the plumbing had been removed (so they've already seen them before video starts which explains the lack of shock). It wouldn't surprise me that you could have a ton of bristle worms in a system without knowing exactly how overrun you've gotten. The worms would certainly hide for the most part...so staying in the drain doesn't surprise me...I'd be more surprised by someone hunting down enough bristle worms to stuff an overflow and fake a video. I'm guessing the tank is poorly maintained and they knew they had a bristle worm infestation but didn't realize how bad it had gotten.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back